Chapter 30: Escape

Start from the beginning

Tai missed Vao. He would've been helping Raven and Oobleck, but Summer didn't allow him over there anymore. Sighing in defeat, he took another sip unaware.

Unaware of the three figures slinking through the trees.

...

Russell kicked the dresser again, snarling furiously.

"That cheeky little prick! Quitting Beacon before our fucking rematch!" He screamed.

Sky was sitting on his bed, eating a bag of crisps. "Dude, calm down. It ain't that deep. Thought you'd be happy that he's gone."

Russell rounded on him, his teeth gritted. "Normally, yeah. I'd be stoked. But after he embarrasses me in Bitch Branwen's class? Screw that, I wanted a rematch!"

Sky stuffed another handful of the snack in his mouth, swallowing before speaking. "Well, we don't even know where he is. Hell, even Muscles and the creepy quiet girl disappeared. Cardin's at who-knows-where, and that Schnee skank is gone too," he pointed out. Suddenly he frowned, pausing as his hand reached into the bag again. "... Something doesn't really... Feel right about it..."

Dove looked up from his scroll, arching an eyebrow. "... What do you mean?"

Sky shrugged his shoulders, tipping the bag to his mouth and clearing it before crumpling the plastic noisily, throwing his trash on the floor as he always did. "Well... Remember that one time Vao brought his leader back to Beacon?"

"What about it?"

"Did you see those scars on her arm? And Vao was missing a chunk from his shoulder, and it looked like he was stabbed in the chest."

Dove nodded, remembering that day. "Oh yeah! He looked like he saw some shit, too! His eyes were wide, and he kept muttering about some sort of monster he couldn't kill!"

"He was probably high. You realize that, right?" Russell growled. "He was always selling us shrooms and acid, he probably hit his own stock too. Now focus, you idiots. We need to figure out where Y/N is camped out."

Dove raised his hand, pissing off Russel. "Is this a fucking classroom? What?"

Dove lowered his hand, giving him a dirty look. "I was going to say I might have an idea on where to start."

Sky and Russell looked at him eagerly. Sky had an apple in his hand, munching on it quietly. Dove continued. "There was this club that he and Vao used to go to in the shady part of town. Can't remember the name. I was thinking we could look there," he suggested.

Russell frowned. "You do it then. I'm going to start askin' around, see if anyone knows where his house is."

Dove nodded, standing up and grabbing his things before leaving. Sky looked at Russell curiously. "What do I do?"

"I don't know, just... Try to call Cardin, see where that wimp went. We still need to beat his ass for ditching us," he growled. Sky took another bite from his apple, sticking his free hand into his pocket as he followed Russell, leaving the messy room empty.

It took a while, but Dove eventually managed to find the place he was talking about. Staring up at the building, he could hear the music from where he was standing. He never thought Y/N was the type to go clubbing. Shrugging his shoulders, he flashed his ID for the security before stepping inside.

Lights flashed, people danced. But as Dove peered into the crowd, he didn't see Y/N anywhere. He groaned, making his way to the bar. A huge man was mixing drinks, a cigar hanging from his lips. He nodded his head as the student approached. "What can I get ya!?" He shouted over the music.