2: "Good riddance."

Start from the beginning

"The girl who wanted to be Dauntless needed a hand." You playfully punch him and walk over to a space on the floor. A Candor girl was sat there.

"We made it! I'm Christina."

"Lauren."

"Is it just me or are they trying to kill us?" you both laughed.

The whole city passed by as you and Christina talked and you introduced Daniel. You still couldn't see Beatrice so you hoped she was okay.

A Dauntless woman stood up. "Get ready." she said.

You look at her confused and lean out the door to see.

"They're jumping!" you tell Christina and Daniel.

"What?" Christina joins you at the door. Two Candor boys are talking, one you recognise as the boy insulting Abnegation before the test.

"What if you don't jump?" the other one asks.

"What do you think? You'll be Factionless. Good luck, Al!" The one who you recognise jumps. The boy called Al jumps and some Erudite jumps after him. You look at Christina and Daniel;

"Together?" Christina says. You and Daniel nod. "One..."

"Two..." You say.

"Three!" Daniel grabs your hand and you grab Christina's and you jump, screaming as you do. When you land you are laughing.

"Alright, listen up! I'm Eric, I'm one of your leaders. If you wanna enter Dauntless this is the way in. And if you don't have the guts to jump then you don't belong in Dauntless."

"Is there water at the bottom or something?" the Erudite boy who jumped after Al asked.

"I guess you'll find out. Or not." Eric smirked. You already knew you'd hate him.

"We just jumped. They want us to jump again?" Christina whispered to you and Daniel.

"Someone's gotta go first, so who's it gunnu be?" Eric scanned the crowd, even the Dauntless born didn't want to do this. You looked at everyone and knew you'd hate yourself for this later.

"Me." You walked forward and Eric moved to stand with the crowd. You peered over the edge. You knew that you had to do something impressive and you were glad you wore jeans. You took off your jacket revealing your arms to the cold wind.

"Yeah, stiff. Take it off. Put it back on." Everyone laughed as the Candor boy said it. Your jacket was pretty heavy and so you knew this would hurt. You threw the jacket at his face and glared. He rubbed his face and tossed the jacket to the ground.

"Today, Initiate." You turned around so you were facing the crowd.

"I'll do it in my own time thanks." You glared. "Not like anyone else wants too." Then you flipped backwards off the roof and yelled sucker up to Eric. Thud as you hit the net laughing. You just lay there until someone rolled you off.

"What, you get pushed?" the man said as he saw my abnegation clothes.

A/n:

If your called Lauren and like your name to stay the same then read the comment on the next bit and use that as the next bit.

"No. I flipped backwards." You smiled sweetly at him as he rolled his eyes. He lifted you out of the net.

"What's your name?" He asked.

"It's Lau..." you faltered, never having really liked the name Lauren.

"Is it a hard one? You pick a new one if you want but make it good, you don't get to pick again."

"Okay then my name is y/n."

"First jumper y/n." He shouted over to the other Dauntless. There where whoops and cheers for you as you joined them. "Welcome to Dauntless."

Next was the Erudite boy, then Christina, then Daniel, then Al, then a few Candor you didn't know and Beatrice, after that you didn't pay attention. Lots of people came up and said how cool your jump was and you said it was nothing.

"Did you change your name?" Christina asked you, Daniel and Beatrice. You all nodded. "What are they?"

"Y/n" Christina looked at you approvingly and Daniel hugged you and commented on the good choice.

"It's just Dan now. I didn't want major change but didn't want my whole name."

"Cute, I like it." you said hugging him.

"I changed mine to Tris." You looked at Tris beaming, Tris had been what her mum had called her. She had tears in her eyes, so you squeezed her into a hug.

"I love it." The man who had pulled me off the net stood in front of the group.

A/n:

Laurens please read the comment bit of this again. Sorry bout this.

"Dauntless born go with Lauren and transfers stay with me. Go." You were caught off guard with the use of your old name and then realised it wasn't you. The Dauntless born and Lauren left. "Most of the time I work in intelligence but for your training time I will be your instructor. My name is Four." Christina sniggered.

A/n:

Okay back to the story with no more Lauren breaks.

"Four like the number?"

"Exactly like the number." She laughed and shook her hair out of her face. You were glad you were friends because she seemed your kinda gal.

"What happened? One through three where taken?" lots of people laughed at this. Four's face got darker as he walked up to Christina.

"What's your name?"

"Christina."

"Well, Christina, the first lesson you learn from me is; if you want to survive here is keep your mouth shut." We followed Four as he walked off. We passed the pit and walked through into a dormitory style room, beds with crappy matrasses and no pillows and thin duvets. "This is where you will be sleeping for the next 10 weeks."

"Girls or boys?" Al asked.

"Both." Was Four's unfazed reply. "If you like this you're gonna love the bathroom." They walked through to a room with toilets, showers and sinks with no privacy what so ever. "You should feel right at home Candor, everything out in the open." Four walked off yelling at us to get changed.

You weren't self-conscious about your body at all so you grabbed some clothes; a black, tight fitting crop top, a pair of black ripped jeans, some combat boots and a Dauntless leather jacket, and took off what you wearing and changed.

"Nice body, stiff." The boy who had insulted Abnegation said. You now knew his name was Peter because Christina told you.

"I know." You said bluntly as some boys laughed. You were told to put your old clothes in a fire and let them burn so you did just that and whispered, "Good riddance." as you let the last thing of the first 16 years of your life be burnt.

1669 words

A/n:

hey yall i hope you liked that! it's a bit longer than the other one idk which was better but there you r. hope you liked it. Apologies about all those Lauren breaks

Love Ocean