Emotions

Randy stood by his apartment door, watching Ray's facial expression as he invited her inside

Randy stood by his apartment door, watching Ray's facial expression as he invited her inside. He saw her gears turn, cautiously debating on what to do, but she didn't wait long before she charged past him with confidence, like it was her own place.

"Fine, but you are the one who's going to deal with the instigators," she sounded tired. A burst of wind past him as her small figure disappeared inside.

"Why me, bruh?" He sighed to himself as she was already gone.

Randy looked around the cubby, everyone's lights were still out in their apartments as the sun began to rise above the building. He followed the fiery woman inside and shut the door.

The living room and kitchen were empty, but the light under the bathroom door indicated that she was inside. He changed out of his racing outfit into comfortable joggers and a simple shirt.

The sink water turned on and a small sob escaped from behind the door. Randy stood by the door, unsure of what to do, not wanting to overstep the boundaries. A louder muffled cry erupted and his heart sank, dealing with emotions wasn't his forte, but he couldn't ignore it.

"Fuck, man," he murmured. He quietly knocked on the door but there was no reply. "Ray?"

She fell silent. He squeezed the doorknob, debating if he should go in.

"Are you crying?" He asked against the door, hoping that she heard him through the sound of running water. "I'm going to open the door now."

Randy turned the knob and pushed the door open to find Ray laying on the floor curled up in a ball. Her eyes were red and swollen, a soft, inaudible sound escaped her lips, and tears rolled down her cheeks.

He turned off the running water in the sink and bent down next to Ray. Randy was always good with words but when it came to emotional women, he didn't know what to do or say. He gently touched her shoulder and she flinched away, when she realized that it was him, her eyes looked apologetic.

He could have told her that it was okay, that everything would be fine, and that he was there, but the only thing could do was reassure her.

"You are safe here. Let's get you more comfortable," his voice was quiet and soft to keep her calm.

Ray nodded once to agree with his suggestion. He effortlessly scooped her up and carried her to his bedroom. Her breathing settled down. She hid her face in his shirt and clung to it tightly for comfort and protection.

Randy laid her down in his bed and tried to pull away, but she had a strong grip on him. He softly sighed and laid down next to her. They laid together for a while, he didn't question her because he knew that she'd share with him when she was ready. He laid against the pillows and she had her head on his chest, holding on to his shirt with both of her hands. Unsure of what to do with his hands, he placed them on her waist and drew her closer.