Progress

The engine of the red mustang loudly rumbled as it drove down Alta street to the point that it was impossible to hear your own thoughts

The engine of the red mustang loudly rumbled as it drove down Alta street to the point that it was impossible to hear your own thoughts. The rumbling turned into a heavy thumping and a low buzz as it went over a pothole on the road before the on-ramp.

Ray lowered her sunglasses and looked at the man next to her.

"Is this thing safe to drive?" Ray yelled over the loud engine sounds.

Once they got on the highway, the engine quieted down to a low buzz that was more bearable to listen to.

"This baby has seen better days, but it will get us where we are going. It was also the only car available to grab from the garage unless you wanted me to pick you up in the PD cruiser?"

"At least the cruiser has air conditioning and seats that recline."

"Oh, you want to recline today?" The man smirked at the dark-haired beauty next to him.

"Gunner, you are disguising. Focus on the road," Ray snapped at him. He smiled to himself because he knew exactly how to push her buttons. "What is this outfit, by the way?"

When she named him in her phone "Island Boy," she didn't know how literal that nickname would become. Gunner wore an emerald green button-up with colorful birds, a blue bandana around his hair that were in dreadlocks, colorful sunglasses, dark jeans, and flip flops. His outfit looked like he put the eyepatch on the wrong eye when he went shopping.

"What do you mean? I dressed up for you," Island Boy sounded slightly offended, but there was a hint of a smile in his voice, teasing her.

"Thank you so much," Ray rolled her eyes and replied in the signature Randy Bullet tone.

"This is actually my undercover outfit," he told her proudly.

"I would have never guessed. It still looks exactly like you— loud and obnoxious," she flirted with the man.

She needed his help, even if that meant to stroke his ego with some flirting.

"Ouch." Gunner placed his hand over his heart in a joking manner.

He pulled into a small beach parking lot just south of Paleto. The area was hidden from the highway by the tall pine trees and it was secluded enough for their private conversation.

Gunner turned off the car, and the only sound heard was the waves crashing against the shore. Ray sighed in relief.

"Have you figured anything out since we last spoke?" She nervously adjusted the brim of her hat.

"That you are madly in love with me?" Gunner's deep velvety voice got even lower as he leaned in closer.

Ray loudly sighed and took off her sunglasses to glare at him, pushing him away.

"Gunner! Why are you like this? I know you are not as gross as you pretend to be." She scolded and lightly punched his arm.

He flinched, getting ready for another punch from her.