i looked in the same direction he was before and luckily, he was there. with the whole group this time. i started walking up to them and maddy was standing facing me so she saw me walking. she raised her eyebrows at me and waved. i briefly smiled and waved back as i got to where they were.

"katarina!!" maddy exclaimed as she hugged me. i hadn't seen her today.
"did you just come?" she asked me. the others were all looking at me with a look. well, baron, zoi, and kio. jordan didn't know i was here either.
"uhh... no..." i scratched my head as i looked down and i noticed vinnie look away too.
"oh? then where were you?!!" she asked me.
before i could respond, vinnie cut me off, "so anyways..." he tried to change the topic, "so, when are we doing the cake?" he wondered as he looked at everyone.

i noticed kio smirk and give vinnie a look before he said, "vinnie is this not your party.. you're in charge of the cake, are you not?"
"i don't know?!! usually my mom does it for me." vinnie spoke. everyone shook their heads then we started to talk about something else.

it started getting cold outside and i started to shiver a bit. vinnie noticed and looked at me.
"cold?" he asked me in a whisper. no shit.
i nodded

he looked at me and pulled me close to him as he put his arm around me, trying to
comfort me.
"go get a hoodie from my closet upstairs." he whispers to me. i looked up at him and smiled before nodding then walking back into the house.

vinnies pov ||

"what are you guys whispering about, hmmm?" kio spoke as katarina left.
i turned my head up to look at him and cracked a smile, "nothing.." i looked away.

"do you like her?" zoi wondered as she stood there while crossing her arms.
i hesitated to answer, "... no ." i spoke.
"you hesitated." she pointed out like i didn't know.

i just rolled my eyes. if they find out, they find out.. but i'm not gonna tell them. i want it to be private. i don't want kio and everyone else to know what's going on between me and katarina. that's only between me and her.

i kept turning back to see if katarina was done yet and was coming, but she was taking longer than i expected for some reason.

"so.. vinnie.." maddy spoke as she looked at me. my head shot up to face her.
"what." i wondered.
"does she know you like her? does she like you?" maddy asked me and i shrugged, not bothering to respond.

i started to get annoyed. yeah, they're curious because they obviously suspect something, but i don't want them to know. i want to keep it very private. i'll tell them one day.. but that one day will be in a long time, whenever i feel like it.

a few moments later i heard footsteps from behind me and i turned around because i thought it would be katarina, i was right, it was her. she looked so good in my hoodie.

she stood next to me and she looked at the others as she joined back into our conversation.

"is that vinnies hoodie?" jordan wondered. the hoodie did look very good on her, but it was very obvious it was not hers. it was also my favorite hoodie that i wore all the time.
"no, it's reggie's." katarina shook her head and lied. suprisingly they believed it.
"but vinnie wears that hoodie like every day." he pointed out.

"yeah.. i steal it from reggie..." i scratched my neck as i acted, trying to make it believable.
the idiots bought it. they'll by anything to be honest.