𝐭𝐞𝐧.

ten — reality.

katarinas pov ||

i felt so relieved now that me and vinnie finally
expressed how we felt.. and did more stuff besides that.......

after i was laying my head on his chest as we just talked. very unique way to catch up.

"you don't know how long i've been waiting for this." vinnie told me as he ran his fingers through my hair, "i've liked you for as long as i could remember, and i just started to realize it senior year." he announced.
i let out a laugh, "so did i." i told him, "you know people started telling me that you liked me.. but i never believed them because i thought you actually hated me."

"what! people told you i liked you?" he exclaimed, suprised, "who??!!" he wondered.
"your friends.. my friends.." i said and he playfully shook his head.
"was kio one of them?" he asked me and i nodded, "yup."

"i thought you didn't like me back.. and then at amelie's party when i finally kissed you, that's when i started thinking you liked me back. the whole group knew too." he explained and i smiled.
"so what are we now?" i ask him as i turn around to face him.
"well.. we're not just friends, that's for sure." he grinned and i playfully rolled my eyes before i took my head off of his chest and scooted back on the mattress to be where he is.

"friends with benefits?" he wondered and i blankly started at him.
".. vinnie that only works when you don't like each other.." i blinked at him.
"huh? oh. i thought it meant you're friends, but like.. you're like more than friends.." he scratches his head.
"'no.. isn't that like.. the talking stage?" i questioned.
"i don't know???" he put his arms up.

then all of a sudden it we heard footsteps coming to the door. the door handle was jiggling as someone tried to open it, but it was locked.
"YO VINNIE! YOU IN HERE??!" jordan exclaimed as he knocked on the door.

"YEAH! ILL BE DOWN IN A SEC, GIVE ME A MINUTE!" vinnie responded.
"ALRIGHT!" jordan responded as we heard him go down the stairs.

"ugh." vinnie groaned as he placed his head on my shoulder.
"go, it's your birthday." i encouraged him. he turned his head to face me.
"and you?" he looked at me.
"i'll come with." i shrugged as i looked at him.

"go.. and then i'll come in a minute." i told him as i pushed him off the bed so he should wear his clothes. he let out a laugh before he quickly got changed.

as he was leaving, he turned back and looked at me, then walked towards me on his bed.
"are we keeping us a secret?" he asked me.
i sighed, "well.. i kind of wanted to .." i scratched my head.
"yeah me too." he agreed, "even kio and stuff? do we keep it a secret from them?" he wondered.
"i mean, if they find out, they find out.. not a big deal.. but just.. don't tell them. let them find out themselves." i explained and he nodded.
"okay, i'm going now." he said as he walked to the door, "i'm gonna be outside, come when you're done." he told me before he looked at me once more and then walked out.

i sighed then got up and got changed, then left vinnies room like 10 minutes after he did. i had to check my hair and makeup, and make sure i looked okay. surprisingly, i did. very surprising.

i went downstairs and i searched around for someone i knew. no luck. i then just decided to go find where vinnie is. he said he would be outside but i don't know where outside.