Chapter 4

Jisoo wakes up to find herself beside the adorable Lisa. She covers Lisa with the blanket before walking to the bathroom to clean herself up.

When she walked out of the bathroom, she sees Lisa making breakfast.

"Did you sleep well?" Lisa asked.

Jisoo nods.

"Good." Lisa puts 2 plates of bacon and eggs on the table. "Eat up."

"Thanks." Jisoo said with a smile.

"No problem." Lisa smiled back.

Jisoo checks her phone and finds a lot of missed calls and unread messages.

"Oh, fuck. I got to go to the hospital. Thanks for everything." Jisoo grabbed her jacket and ran to take a taxi to the hospital.

"Dad?" Jisoo sees him sitting beside her brother.

Her brother was laying on the hospital bed, unconscious.

"Where the hell were you? I couldn't reach you, you weren't in your house, you weren't in the hospital." Her dad shouts.

"I'm sorry..." Jisoo said in a small voice. "What happened to him?"

"He got shot at in military training." Her dad tells her. "Where were you?"

"At a coworker's house." Jisoo replied.

"You should go to work." Her dad sighed.

"But-" 

"Just go." Her dad interrupted. 

Jisoo walks out of the room and walks to the staff room, she sees Lisa sitting there alone. She grabs a clipboard from the registration table before sitting beside Lisa.  

Lisa could see Jisoo looking down. 

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked.

"It's nothing..." Jisoo replied before reading the clipboard. "We only have an operation in the afternoon." 

Lisa nodded before looking at Jisoo walking away.

Jisoo walks to her brother's hospital room and sits beside him. Her dad has already left and returned home.

"Jung-Hoon ah, can you hear me?" Jisoo asked. "I'm sorry, I have been really busy for the last few years."

Lisa sees her from outside of the room.

"I promise, when you wake up... I'll never isolate myself like that again." Tears rolls down from her cheeks. "I'm sorry."

Lisa walks to the front desk and asked the front desk about the man she saw beside Jisoo.

"It's her brother. He got admitted last night." one of her coworkers say.

No wonder she was such in a rush this morning. Lisa thought to herself.

Jisoo walked out of the room and wipes her tears away. 

"Are you okay?" Lisa asked her.

Jisoo ignores Lisa and walks past her.