''I'm listening.''

I blinked twice. It got me startled a bit. I thought he fell asleep already.

''Javier...''

I saw him sigh on the other side. He already knew what I'm going to say, kaya napahinga siya ng malalim.

''I wasn't able to see you before you left,'' aniya sa marahang boses. ''Please give me my time this time, hmm?''

My heart clenched painfully. I started to get scared. I feel like this is all just a dream. And I'd wake up from this any moment now. And thinking that Javier and I, all of these, are just wistful thinking... frightens me.

When January came, we landed in London. Dito kami mas magtatagal. We have a family friend here that we're going to visit. And my mother wanted to shop at Harrods.

We rested for a day, then started to tour around London. There isn't snow, yet it's freezing here. We went to Harrods on the day of my birthday and spent almost the entire day there.

My father, who gifted me a tumbler last Christmas, made it up to me by wanting to buy me everything I wanted. He used my birthday as an excuse. And much as I wanted to buy everything here in Harrods, I did not want us to end up bankrupt, too.

''I'm fine with the tumbler.'' sabi ko na lamang sa ama. ''I actually brought it with me because I'm using it now.''

He smiled at me. ''You sure you don't want anything?''

''Yes, Dad. Just spoil Mom and I'm already happy.''

The day is almost over and when we went back to our hotel, I was surprised to know that my father still got me something! There are also a few decorations in the room and a cake! We weren't here the whole day so I guess they asked for room service.

''Happy birthday, my sweet love.'' my mother sweetly greeted me while holding the cake.

''Happy birthday, Sven!'' si Papa na yinakap naman ako.

My grandfather greeted me, too. I can't help not to get teary seeing my family. I will not exchange them for nothing. I will protect my family at all cost.

We shared the cake and had a small talk. My lips did not stop from smiling all day long. And for the remaining time of the day, nagulat ako nang payagan nila akong maglibot mag-isa. Of course, there were rules, but still I was so happy that they let me.

I won't break their trust and go far. Actually the place I wanted to go to is just near the hotel. When I told Javier, I'm in London there were places he suggested. I found that he had also been here!

People I knew greeted me on my birthday. Solenn even sent a video greeting. But Javier's greeting did not arrive. I wanted to sulk because of the fact that he didn't even know or try to learn about my birthday, but I was so happy to be sulking today. We exchanged messages today anyway so I let it pass.

I wore a black turtleneck top and paired it with a skirt that falls under my mid thigh, cream long coat, and knee length boots. The sling corded chain bag completed my look.

Yesterday, Javier told me about Le Govrache. He told me about the food and his experience there. I wanted to try a place that he had been to. Kaya naman sinabi ko sa kanya na kung papayagan ako ay pupuntahan ko iyon kinabukasan, which is today. He told me he knew someone and he'll help me book a table.

Napangiti ako. Even though he's far away, he still feels so near.

''Yes! They permitted me to go!'' The excitement in my voice was very evident as I told him that. ''I'll be there at 7pm!''