⁰¹. ᶜʳᵘᵉˡ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ

✪ ☾° — ☍⤿°➞ A DEVILS TRIP TO HEAVEN

{ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 ONE ,
— ❛ cruel world ❜ }

"DID YOU STEAL MY FUCKING SOAP?" May stormed in, whipping her head to Alexandra who sat on the couch nonchalantly, filing her nails.

She barely glanced at her. "Which one? You have a thousand."

May scoffed, rolling her eyes, and walking over. "The coconut one. The nice one. The one Pike got me for my birthday."

"Your birthday hasn't even been yet," Alex sighed heavily, obviously over this conversation. "It's tomorrow. And to answer you, no. I didn't steal your soap."

May groaned. "Where did it go then?"

"What's wrong?" Charles Pike walked in, looking at the two.

"I lost the soap you gave me for my birthday." May frowned, sitting down on the couch next to Alexandra.

"She lost it like she loses everything," Alex grinned sarcastically, earning a punch from May. "Including her sanity." She mumbled.

Pike shot her a look. "Enough, Alexandra." He told her sternly. She glanced up at him at his tone and put her file down. "I have a job." He walked further into the room, placing his gear down and into the small kitchen that shared the dining room.

"It's dangerous," He started, pouring himself water. "And if you get caught, I'm not going to come save you. I can't hold your hand forever." He turned to them. "What do I tell you every assignment?"

Both girls sighed, "No mentioning your name, your mission or why you did it." The two said together rhythmically, like they had for years.

Charles nodded in approval, humming. "Good." He walked around the counter, leaning on it from behind. "Gather your things, you leave at midnight."

"What's the assignment, sir?" Alex questioned for them both, rising from her seat as May did the same.

Pike sat in thought for a second. "I need you to kill three members of the council, who are heavily guarded by security." He paused. "The Hundred are being sent down in three days, and these council members are attempting to post-pone." He looked at them sternly before continuing...

"We can't have that." He shook his head. "Three men. That's all I need from you."

• 🌎 • 🌍 • 🌏 •

        "SO THAT WENT WELL..." May trailed off, leaning onto the shared cell wall between herself and Alex.

Alex scoffed, scraping a design with her hidden dagger into the wall "You can say that again."

"I mean, at least we killed them. Right?" The younger girl spoke, lighting the cigarette that was hidden in her hair. "He can't possibly be mad." She shrugged, referencing to Pike.

Alex shook her head, although May couldn't see it. "No, he won't be mad" She paused, "He'll probably be annoyed, if anything."

"Is this what our next seventy years looks like?"

"We're part of the hundred now, Maysey." Alex sighed heavily, putting the dagger in her boot, and lying now, staring at the ceiling. "We're being sent down to earth."

"About fucking time." May said nonchalantly. With a hum, she sat up, waking towards her door. "Knock, knock, knock, officers." She started, grabbing the attention of one. "I need to talk to Pike."