"Thank you Chip," Belle said softly as Ben struggled to get out of Chip's grip so that he could get back to his father. Not that Chip was gripping all that hard as to prevent injuring Ben but he was still keeping a somewhat firm grip to prevent the five year old from escaping.

What is Chip doing? Ben thought. I have to get back to papa! If I don't, papa's going to leave! And that can't happen! I won't let that happen! Chip's not going to be the reason I lose papa!

"I know, I know Ben, I'm so sorry. I wish I didn't have to do this either Benji, you'll see him again, it'll be okay. I'm sorry," Chip whispered as he held his surrogate younger brother.

"No you're not! If you were sorry Chip, you'd let me go! Papa can't leave! He's got to stay here with me and Abby and maman! Papa!" Ben called as Beast gave Belle a sad kiss on the lips before kissing Abby on the head one last time and turned to leave.

Chip bit his lip, holding Ben's hands as he tried to not take anything Ben was saying to heart. He knew he didn't mean it.

"No! Papa!" Ben cried as Beast walked out the door, the servants quickly closing the door as to prevent any of the press outside from catching a glimpse of the crying Crown Prince desperately trying to get out of Chip's grasp. "Why didn't you let me go? I could have stopped him Chip!"

Chip sighed, not sure what to tell Ben. He wanted to let him go...but he knew he couldn't have done so.

"You're a meanie Chip! I hate you!" Ben cried and finally tugged himself out of Chip's grasp, running off to his room.

Chip bit his lip, wincing slightly as he heard a muffled door slam. As if Ben was wanting to convey his anger but at the same time he didn't want to cause his sister to cry from the noise. He had expected that but it didn't make it hurt any less.

"He doesn't mean that Chip," Belle said, her voice soft as she rubbed Abby's back as her daughter began to whimper, more than slightly confused as to what was going on.

"I know Belle...doesn't mean it doesn't hurt," Chip said with a small sigh. "I'm...I'm sorry about all of this. I wish there was something I could do."

"It's not your fault honey, but thank you. And you're doing more than you know, being there for Ben."

"I don't think I'm doing all that much...all I did was make him mad at me," the teen said with another small sigh.

"He's a heartbroken and confused child, Chip honey. If you hadn't done what you did, he would have never let Adam go," Belle said with a sigh of her own. Not that it would have necessarily been a bad thing...

She shoved that thought down. She couldn't afford to think like that, not when she had three upset children.

"I know...so why does it still hurt that Ben hates me?" Chip asked.

"Because you love and care about him," Belle said, her voice gentle. "And I don't think he'll hate you for long. I don't think he hates you at all actually. He's just hurt and confused and misses his father..."

"I know..." Chip whispered.

"It's not going to be easy for a while," Belle sighed. "With the election, I'm not going to have time to sit and cuddle with him and read to him constantly. I hate to ask, especially since I know you're a teenager and you probably don't want to spend a ton of time with a five year old but...could you?"

"Of course! I mean...he may not let me since I'm not exactly in his good books with what just happened but you don't need to ask, Belle," Chip said. "It doesn't matter that he's five and I'm a teen. He's my brother."