25) Eventful Day's Eventful End

Start from the beginning

In the shower was a marble bench. A marble flipping bench protruding from the wall.

For what?! Showering whilst seated?!

I balanced myself on the marbled walls as I closed the sliding glass door and stood, looking at the shower head, trying to figure out how to work it.

The inside of the shower was quite spacey- enough for three people to take a shower comfortably.

With a few experimental turns on the knobs of the shower head, eventually water came pouring down. The cold hit me square on my chest, making me flinch back and quickly change the knob to a higher setting.

Slowly, the water became body-temperature hot and I let myself be engulfed in the warmth, trying to sort out my thoughts and wash away the unnecessary gibberish in my mind.

Maybe he was just speaking about normal things with Mia.

Maybe I'm the one who's overthinking, because surely if Alexander didn't want to acknowledge me, he wouldn't have offered to share his room with me. And he definitely wouldn't have continuously asked me if everything was alright or if something was bothering me.

Which yes, something was, but I of course didn't want to tell him what.

No, because what was I supposed to say?! Oh, I'm bothered with the fact you were speaking to my sister and not me?

See? No.

I rubbed at my skin gently, avoiding the water from hitting my hair and soaking it wet to the root.

A thought suddenly sprouted.

Hold on.

I blinked, pausing in my movements of reaching for the shower gel.

Why do I care?

Why do I care who Alexander is speaking to? Especially if it's my own sister?

And even if it weren't, he's not my boyfriend.

Not mine. 

He's allowed to not speak to me if he doesn't want to, why am I upset?

I quickly grabbed the body shampoo and squeezed a reasonable amount, before scrubbing my body.

I shouldn't care. Why should I give a damn?

I felt the smile stretch my lips as I gave a small laugh, shaking my head at how silly I was being.

Mia has a boyfriend anyway. I smiled sheepishly at how I've acted.

Damn, so this is what overthinking does to you. Makes you look stupid. 

Not recommended. Zero out of Ten.

The warm water cascaded down my body and I sighed, enjoying the feeling of the dampness and sweat no longer clinging to my skin.

I heard the faint sound of a door opening through the sound of water hitting the marble shower floor.

Ah, the door opened.

I thought faintly, humming. I ignored the sound and simply focused on the loud pattering of water droplets from the shower head.

Then the sound registered in my head.

I shot my eyes open, hands freezing in place.

The door.

Alexander.

Fuck.

I whipped my head down to my bare, uncovered body and a pang of panic filled me.

Double fuck.