02. Nephilim

CHAPTER TWONEPHILIM

CHAPTER TWO
NEPHILIM

❖❖❖

"Your super secret hideout is in an abandoned church?" Erik raised a questioning brow at the burly man beside him.

He couldn't quite believe what was happening. In truth, a part of him genuinely believed this is one of those weird dreams you get. The ones where nothing makes sense and you just go along with the story. At this point, he was half expecting Pennywise to show up and announce that he was running for president.

Yet the creepy clown didn't show up. Instead, he received an annoyed glare from the man beside him. He attempted to reach for Clary (who was still in Erik's arms), but the brunet moved away.

Jace exhaled sharply, "Yes." He finally answered, "Our 'super secret hideout' is in the church." He quoted with his fingers.

Erik nodded slowly, "Bit weird but I'm not judging."

"Let's get inside," Jace practically ordered as he began marching ahead, Erik following closely behind him. "The venom spreads fast. The quicker we get inside, the quicker she'll be treated."

Erik just hummed in acknowledgement, stepping one foot inside the church. The place was a mess. Bits of rotten wood lay around in every corner of the building. The chandelier, which he was sure once hung proudly from the ceiling, was now shattered on the ground. The stained glass windows were smashed and littered the dust-covered floors.

"I'm starting to think you're a crackhead trying to lure me into your drug den," He swallowed thickly, taking a step back.

"What?" Jace raised a brow before a look of realisation washed over his face. "Oh, right," he whispered, placing a hand on Erik's forearm.

And like magic, the place suddenly began to transform. What was once a disgusting, humid building with too many rats to count, was now a beautiful, brightly lit headquarters of some sort. The only thing the place lacked was golden pillars, and it could have been described as a palace. A strange palace no doubt, but a palace nonetheless.

"What the-"

Erik didn't get to finish his sentence as Jace pushed him forward. Rather harshly, as Erik almost tripped over his own feet at the sudden force. He sent the blond a glare over his shoulder, yet didn't protest as he was guided through the headquarters and into a room with a dozen, hospital-like beds.

Jace gestured at one of the beds and, hesitantly, Erik placed Clary's limp body on the white covers. As two, what Erik assumed to be, nurses approached Jace, Erik took the chance to explore his surroundings.