25.

I found and elevator and got to the waiting room. I kept looking at my phone to see if my brothers or one of their girlfriends would text or call me. Nope. Oh well. I saw Saylor's car pull up and I made a beeline to him. He got out of the car to open the door for me, but before he opened it he hugged me.

"How about we go do something together?"

"Why can't we just go home? We can watch a movie in my room."

"I don't feel like doing that. How about I take you bowling? Or we could go out for a late lunch?"

"I'm not hungry and I don't have the energy to do things. I just want to go lay I'm bed."

"Okay, okay. How about we go to my apartment? You can see my place and sleep in my guest room. Or we could watch a movie there?"

"Mhm."

I nodded my head and Saylor still held me. I felt really tired. Saylor got me in his car and buckled me. I ended up falling asleep in his car. I woke up in a beautiful green and gray room. I patted around for my phone but couldn't find it and gave up.

"Yes, she's here. She's in my room sleeping...Well after I got your text I couldn't take her back to your place...She seems broken. Like someone took her and snapped her like a twig...Obviously she's not happy!...I think she knows. She wasn't acting like her normal self. And don't blame it on her being tired, Kai trying to kill himself, or you and Kai's argument...She left the hospital room did she not? And it was right after you...Yeah. Get you and your family's act together before she decides to hop on a plane back to New York."

Saylor sounded upset. I wonder who he was talking to. Probably Javan.
The bedroom door creaked open and I turned to look. It was Saylor. He gave me a half smile.

"How long have you been up?"

"Mmm...not long..."

I yawned. I mean it wasn't a lie, but he doesn't need to know I heard his conversation.

"Do you want some food?"

I shook my head no.

"Do you want to get up and do something? Watch a movie?"

"Mmm...no."

I shut my eyes again and put my head on Saylor's pillow.

"Любовь...do you want to talk?...about anything it doesn't have to be about Maliki. If you want of course."

"Why does he hate me so much?..."

It's been the one question in my mind since I met him.

"He doesn't hate you, love. He's just going through a lot and since you two aren't as close as he is with your brothers, he felt like he could take his emotions out on you. Which is never, ever okay. He really cares about you, I know he does."

"What about the rest of my brothers? Do you know if they care about me?"

"Yes. They all do Любовь. Just work, and school, has them all on edge."

"Work?...hmm..."

So that's what they're going to tell me. Why tell me my mom's alive? Or you know at least tell me she's living with us now. Or the fact that they lied to me. Is my dad dead then? God, I hope he is.