• e i g h t •

They entered the room only to be greeted by the sound of monitors that keeps (y/n)'s condition good

They entered the room only to be greeted by the sound of monitors that keeps (y/n)'s condition good. There they saw her lying peacefully, wearing her hospital gown.

Rina walked closer to her bed and held her hand. Even though the little one is tired, she still manages to flash a smile.

Rindou, took the seat beside (y/n)'s bed and intertwine his fingers in her free hand. He caresses her soft skin as he watches her stable breathing.

“(y/n),” He called.

It caught (y/n)'s attention as her fingers started to move, followed by her eyes fluttering open.

Rindou stood up in alert, with his hands never letting go of her.

“Hngh...” (y/n) groaned. Her eyes slowly scanned the room and they lit up the moment she saw the two faces she needed to see.

“Rindou...Rina...”

It makes the two feel relieved after hearing her voice again, calling their names and such.

“Mommy!” Rina hugged her, wanting to feel the presence of her mom. (y/n) kissed her head as she hug her back.

“It's okay baby, mommy's here,” she let out a sigh as she inhaled the little girl's scent.

Her gaze then went to Rindou who look pale and tired. His disheveled hair and dirty suit with a stain of blood tell that he had never left her ever since that incident.

“Hey,” she reached for his hand and squeezed it.

Rindou looked at her and offered a weak smile. “I'm glad you're okay, (y/n).”

Some moment later, her doctor told them to leave as visiting hours is done and (y/n) still needs to rest.

Rindou and Rina said their goodbyes and decided to go back to the apartment.

At first, Rindou was hesitating to go back because of the thought that Ran and the others were still there. Luckily, they're gone.

“Okay, honey. You go and take a warm bath while I cook us some dinner,” Rindou said to which Rina nodded and smiled.

“Thank you, daddy.”

Rindou couldn't help but smile as he watch her enter her bedroom. Somehow, he felt accepted by Rina. The sudden expression of her genuine love caught him off guard.

He then walked towards the kitchen to start preparing their dinner.

t i m e s k i p »

Rindou finished the chores as well as dressed himself clean. He had also prepared (y/n)'s clothes that they will bring tomorrow for her discharge.

They ended up laying on the couch, watching some cartoons as per Rina's request. She lay her head on Rindou's lap while she let him caress her locks.

Rina let out a giggle when some funny content appeared on the TV. Rindou looked at her in surprise. After everything that happened, he never heard her precious laugh again.