• s e v e n •

Rindou felt scared

Rindou felt scared.

It was the first time he ever felt how peculiar his heart beat so fast as if it would stop beating at any moment. He's going crazy while waiting for the elevator to reach its destination; Rina's cries were becoming faint because of how clouded his mind is.

"C'mon, c'mon..." He muttered as he tap his foot, tightening his hold on (y/n)'s body.

As soon as the elevator rings, he runs toward the exit and called a taxi.

"Take us to the nearest hospital, please."

He lay (y/n)'s body on his lap; leaning her head on his chest, and wrapped his free arm around Rina's shoulders. He did nothing but make his daughter feel assured that everything is going to be fine.

"D-dad, is mom going to be alright?"

It pains him to hear her little voice cracking. He pulled Rina closer and kiss her head.

"Mommy is the bravest person I know and she's going to be okay, I promise, honey."

They met each other's eyes and Rindou is glad to see hope spark in her watery eyes.

Rina smiled and reached for (y/n)'s hand as she lay her head on Rindou for support.

Everything was going well until (y/n)'s weak and dry voice started to mutter his name.

"Rin...Rindou..."

His eyes widened in panic. He looked at (y/n) and held her face gently.

"I'm here, darling. Don't talk too much, we're almost at the hospital, okay?"

Rindou yelled at the driver to drive faster.

"Sh...Shh..."

As he looks back at her, he found her smiling. It made the tears escape his eyes that'd been keeping them for a long time now.

(y/n) slowly held his hand that was resting on her cheek. No one can explain the look on her face except how happy she was while looking at Rindou.

"You look... ridiculous...cryi-" She coughed.

"Stop talking, (y/n)," There was a demand in Rindou's voice. She just smiled at him even more.

"I have never.... seen you.... cry that much...."

"(y/n), please." Rindou's voice cracked when he felt her palm on his cheek. She was wiping his tears.

"Take care of.... our baby.... Rin...."

Rindou glared at her as he found her becoming weak.

"Mom!" Rina called, her tiny hand never letting go of her mom's hand.

"Sir, we're here."

Rindou left a bunch of dollars in the backseat after rushing to the hospital. Some nurses immediately came into action when they saw Rindou running toward them. They took (y/n)'s body in his arms and placed her on a stretcher before hasting her to the emergency room.

"Do whatever the fuck you can. Save her, bring her back to us."

It was Rindou's last words before the doctors closed the door. Holding his daughter's hand, they stand still, staring at the room where (y/n)'s life depends on.

Now they wait with hope and fright in their eyes.

-

It took them an hour and a half minutes of reprieve. Rina had fallen asleep on Rindou's lap as he patiently wait for the red light to die. The doctor left the room and approached the tired-looking man.

"Is she okay?" He asked immediately.

The doctor smiled and nodded. "She's all stable now but she still needs to be confined so she can rest well. You can go visit her in the meantime."

The smile that appeared on Rindou's face cannot be painted as he heard the news.

"T-thank you."

When the doctor left, Rindou let out a long, sigh of relief. He ran his fingers through Rina's tresses and softly smiled. I knew she's gonna make it.

Still, Rindou can't please himself because of what (y/n) did. He wasn't mad or anything, he even felt guilty and hated himself for letting (y/n) took the bullet.

After all, he deserves it. His life is already a mess after leaving Bonten but never did he think that going back for his family is wrong, whether it leads him to danger or death.

The moment he saw Rina, his perspective on life changed. When he found out that he had a daughter, he saw hope and new beginnings.

"Honey?"

The little girl fluttered her eyes open and hummed in response.

"Mommy's awake."