• f i v e •

Y o u r  P O V

Y o u r P O V

Dressed in our formal, and classic attires, it was 7 pm when we arrived at Eleven Madison Park to which Rindou booked a reservation. It's one of the most famous splurge restaurants in New York.

"Pleasant evening, Mr. Haitani."

A waiter greeted then escorted us to a table for three.

"I've always wanted to eat here. It's really beautiful!" Rina said as she elegantly roam her eyes around the place.

"Rindou, it's expensive here. We can-"

"Shh, this is nothing. I wanted to give you and our daughter the best. Let's just enjoy the night, okay?" He smiled then playfully showed his AmEx Centurion Black Card to which I just laughed off.

Sometimes, I really forget that he's Rindou Haitani.

Just as we were starting to enjoy the company, our food arrived. It was those Michelin-rated cuisines that cost who knows how much the value of a single plate.

We thanked them for the food before digging in.

"Mmm, now I know why people would spend hundreds of dollars for this." My reaction says the compliment. I heard Rindou chuckle.

"I remember taking you out to a fancy restaurant in Roponggi from before. You had the same reaction."

"Hey! Now that you've mentioned it, I want to go back again."

We shared a laugh, clearly forgetting that we were not alone and we have Rina with us. Well, she's too busy with her food.

"So, it looks like you're enjoying your meal, miss ma'am."

Rina, having her mouth full of steak, joyously nodded. I chuckled as I softly pinch her cheek.

"Careful, baby," Rindou wiped off the stains of sauce on his lips.

I watched his sudden actions. I don't know why it warms my heart. It was a simple manner yet it looks very precious to me. Maybe because I can't imagine him doing stuff like this.

"There you go."

"Thank you, daddy!"

He was interrupted when his phone starts to ring from a text message. He glanced at them and quickly ignored them.

"Aren't you going to check it?" I asked.

He shook his head. "Nope, it's not that important."

I hummed in response and we continued to eat our dinner but Rindou's phone started to ring again as he was receiving multiple texts at once. He was about to shove his phone off when someone called.

"Go on, answer it. I think they need you," I smiled to reassure him that it was fine. He nods before picking it up and leaving.

"Who is that, mom?" Rina asked confusedly.

"I don't know. Maybe it's your Uncle Ran."

-

3 r d P e r s o n ' s P O V

With Rindou's jaw clenched and his grip on the phone quite tight, he answered the call with a smug on his face.

"What the hell do you want?"

"What kind of question is that, Rindou?"

"I'm having dinner with my family right now and you're interrupting it!"

"So you really are with them, huh?"

Rindou's eyes widened when he realized that he just revealed his location.

"Ran, let me be-"

"No, Rindou. I told you to wait. Mikey's mad and I'm going to bring you back."

"You can't do that- Ran? Ran!"

The call ended before Rindou could talk. The distressed gent huffed, running his fingers through his hair to ease the burning sensation in his head.

He started to overthink what would possibly happen. Ran, especially Bonten, will probably be here at any moment now.

He's not worried for himself, he's more worried about (y/n) and Rina.

Everything's going smooth now. He would never forgive himself if something bad happens to them.

They were once hurt because of him, and this time, he won't let it happen again.

-

Y o u r P O V

I saw Rindou's figure walking back to our table. As soon as I saw him, I noticed how his face became troubled and bothered.

"Who was it?"

"It's no one. Let's continue our dinner, yeah?"

He acts as if he doesn't want to talk about it so I just let it go. Although a person's eyes don't lie, I know something is going on.

I decided to just shrugged it off and wait for the perfect time to talk to him about it.

The whole dinner was fine, except for Rindou who's been antsy ever since he answered that call.

We were now on the way home, with tummies full and new moments unlocked. Rindou was the one driving, Rina is in the backseat while I take the shotgun seat.

There was some dream pop music playing on the radio. It was calming and fit the ambiance of the cold night.

Staring at the window while passing the city is one of my habits. I tend to think and recall the events that were made within the day.

I couldn't help but smile as I keep on imagining our dinner date as a whole family.

I glanced at Rindou who at the same time did the same. I gave him a smile to which he present back.

When I looked away, I felt his hand rest on my thigh. My cheeks started to burn when he started to caress them.

Rindou was focused on the road but I know that he can feel what I'm feeling. With no hesitation, I held his hand and let him do his thing as I lean my head on the window.

As far as I remember, I haven't felt my butterflies soar inside my stomach for the past few years.

This just shows that no other man can make me feel this way, except for Rindou.

It's always him and forever be him.

author's note

author's note

a few more chapters before I end this book :>