Ch.14: A Prefect and an Artist

I relaxed on one of the dark leather couches in the common room. The warm fire crackled as I doodled in a sketchbook. I was attempting to draw a dragon. Though when I'd zone out I had started drawing small hearts on top and around the page.

I liked how the later it got the less amount of people were in the common rooms. Slytherins have a tendency of either staying in their rooms or sneaking out at night for fun. It was always peaceful to be alone.

But of course, that peace was broken. Draco with Pansy and Blaise on his side along with dumb and dumber following him had rushed into the dorm room causing a lot of racket. The group sat down in the set of couches that I was in and started talking to me all at once.

Draco had a smug look on his face while Pansy and Blaise had stars in their eyes. Of course Crabb and Goyle just glared at me.

"Woah woah woah, guys, slow down and one at a time please!" I nearly yelled.

"Draco is a Prefect!" Shouted Pansy with excitement in her voice.

"He- what? I'm sorry but PARDON?!" My jaw fell to the floor.

"Why so shocked y/n? It's because I'm perfect!" Draco said confidently.

Low and behold Draco had the Prefect badge on his robes. In fact the whole group had the "I" pins on them as well, surprising we all are in the same club.

Pansy and Blaise excused themselves to go to bed while Crabb and Goyle sat beside Draco. Just staring, I couldn't help but feel incredibly uncomfortable. I hate the two of them so much. What they did was overkill, I don't understand why they could have just done standard bullying. Maybe it's because they are too idiotic and the cliche self centered Slytherins who think they can do or get away with anything.

Draco quickly got wind of my discomfort and shooed them off. I'm glad Snape moved them out into a different bedroom for my 'safety'.

I wasn't exactly really in the mood for talking, even with Draco so I kept quiet as I drew. I wanted to seem focused so he wouldn't bother me. Though the opposite of what I wanted to happen occurred.

Draco stood up once we were completely alone and sat a little too close for comfort next to me. Feeling his shoulder against mine made my heart race, his cologne always had a good scent but with him closer it's much more noticeable. I still paid him no mind.

Draco leaned into me and put his head awfully close to mine to watch over my shoulder as I drew.

"Draco." I said coldly.
"Yes, Y/n?"
"Why are you so close to me?" My voice remained cold and monotone.
"Oh, right uh I'm sorry-" he stuttered while moving away.

"Don't apologize, I don't care. I was only wondering." I stated

"Well, I just wanted to watch you draw. Is that a Ukrainian Ironbelly that you're sketching?" He leaned in closer again.

"Erm, yeah? I think they're... pretty. I like the colors of their eyes, hmm grayish..blue.." I began to mumble.

"What's with all the hearts on the page?" He began to trail his finger along the various hearts that surrounded the dragon.

"In all honesty, I don't know. Must've.. gotten distracted?" I sighed and tilted my head to look at him a bit.

Draco kept looking at the page while his thumb rubbed one of the hearts on the top. He turned his head to me, it was making my face heat up to have his face so close to mine.

"Draw me." He said with a smirk.
"What?"
"I want you to draw me." His smirk turned into a somewhat devilish grin.

My heart started beating fast as I could feel my face turning red. I looked back down at my sketchbook and flipped to another page.

"I- uh... go sit by the fire!" I stuttered out.

Draco moved away from me and sat down by the fireplace. I could feel my body ease up now that he wasn't practically hovering over me.

I looked up at him watching the fire and started sketching out the simple anatomy. I wasn't going to spend too long and I was getting tired so a sketch would have to suffice for now. As I got into my groove my pace quickened as I added details to his robes as face. I drew the fire next to him and scribbled where the shadows laid on his body.

When I was done I looked up and back at the paper to see if I missed anything, I stared at the drawing and nearly blushed at my own work.

"I'm finished.." I quietly said.

Draco's head perked up as he rushed over to me, once again sitting so close to me that my personal space bubble exploded. His eyes widened as he snatched the book away from me and gasped at the work. It was nice to see him with a smile. The way he looked at me after was cute, like a puppy on Christmas.

I turned to him and managed to put a little space between us.

"Draco I have a question" I said while putting the book on the table next to us.

He just looked at me confused.

"Why do you act so differently around me compared to others? You're so much nicer and well... close. Even though you've known Pansy since before Hogwarts you don't treat her like how you treat me." I questioned with a curious tone.

I could tell Draco was thinking about the question. Though his eyes widened a bit and he began to fidget a lot. His pale face went pink in the ears and cheeks.

"You're just cool, I guess." When he said this he sounded disappointed.

"Oh, Erm right. Thanks?" I didn't mean to come off as awkward as I did but I had no idea what to say to him.

"Hey I think I'm going to... go to bed.. you should too soon, since it's well uh- late." I stood up and grabbed my stuff.

"Oh! Um right, sleep well- I'll see you and Blaise in the room later.. just gotta do some... prefect stuff." He quietly and awkwardly said.

I started walking off but couldn't help myself and ended up turning around. Draco had placed his head into his hands.

"Draco-"

His head perked up immediately.

"You're a good friend by the way. People are wrong when they say you're a jerk and I'm glad I know you and we are close..." I said while giving a warm smile.

His face went red as he looked away.

"Thanks." He said coldly before hanging his head back into his hands.

"What a strange boy" I murmured to myself as I quickly walked to my shared room. I tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake Blaise and the two new Slytherins that replaced Crabb and Goyle.

I crawled into bed and hugged my pillow tight. Not long after I heard Draco walk into the room. I don't know why but I shut my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I felt his presence stop at the foot of my bed, why was he standing there? It only lasted a few seconds before he continued to get ready for bed. I heard the ruffling of his blankets as he crawled into his bed which was next to mine.

I began drifting into the dream world. I saw my mother and father looking at me happily. The dream was warm and filled with people I care about. Even seeing how nerdy the Hufflepuff twins were and how young Sasha was in our first year. The good memories flooded into my head as I was in a deep sleep.

Snakes | Draco Malfoy x Male!readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें