Chapter 11: A real badass

Start from the beginning

"Um. I..." I trailed off.

"It's not about what he thinks about me guys..." I paused licking my lower lip nervously, trying to find the correct words to phrase something convincing.

"It's just that...he is...such a private guy, I mean have you ever seen him hanging out with someone at school?" I asked.

"No? Right" I added.

"So if Stella couldn't respect my privacy, she should have at least respected his" I said.

"So is this about him or about you?" Sean asked the unnecessary question to which I had no answer.

"You are my friend, Sean, so don't worry I won't ruin your girlfriends face..." I paused with a small smile while patting his shoulder.

"This time" I continued slyly.

"Rather I'm just gonna have a civil conversation with her...to make sure such incident doesn't happens in the future anymore" I added lightly patting his cheek.

"And probably teach her some lessons on privacy..." I paused, stopping a guy who was passing by in the corridor.

"Nice catc..." The guy began to say.

"Nice catch. Yeah I know. Say something new or don't maybe, honestly I don't care...just tell me where will I find Stella Winters" I asked extra politely.

"Who is that?" The poor guy asked.

"The one with the fake..." Bethany paused pointing towards her bosom.

"You know..." Madison completed it for her.

"Oh come on. They are not fake" Sean said in protest.

"Oh well...how do you know that?" Bethany asked.

"Oh that's Stella?" He asked.

"I saw her in the basketball court...about an hour ago" He added.

"Thank you" I replied before making my way towards the basketball court.

"Hello, Stella..." I paused extra sweetly, grabbing the ball that she was trying to pass to another girl.

"So you are into basketball? Huh" I asked.

"Well someone had to take your place in the team" She replied proudly.

"Oh. I feel sorry for the team then" I said.

"And I'm sorry to break it to you but you are not as good as you think you are at this" I added.

"At basketball, she meant" Bethany said.

"Yeah but you are surely good at photography" I said glaring at her as she just chuckled.

"Don't tell me you are upset over those photos" She said with an innocent look on her face.

"I did you a favour, Cynthia. You were becoming irrelevant...I brought you back into the limelight, now everybody's talking about you..." She added.

"And now about half of those people are also talking about the courageous person who managed to capture Damien and Cynthia's private moments" Bethany said interrupting her.

"And I'm assuming that's the reason why you did all this" Madison said.

"So that a few people finally start noticing you too" Bethany added.

"You really are pathetic" I said crossing my arms.

"Come on. Don't sound so upset, I really did you a favour...I mean come on have you seen Damien? That dude is so hot..." She paused pretending to fan herself with her hand.

"What girl on earth wouldn't want to be involved in a scandal with him?" She continued.

"But the real question is, is it really a scandal? Because I left immediately after taking those pictures, so I don't know for sure what really happened there..." She paused.

"And to be honest I think it's good for Damien too, maybe now finally he'll break out of his little shell and start socializing with everyone, make a friend or two" She added as I just shook my head at her before walking up to her and pushing her against the nearest wall, holding her in her place by her neck.

"Listen you bitch, I really don't care if I'm the talking material of people around the school because I have always been talked about...I'm used to it but Damien isn't, all he wants is to be left alone, so next time you feel like being a bitch to me, leave him out of it" I said firmly.

"And I'm being lenient because Sean seems to have a thing for you and I don't wanna hurt him by hurting you, so take this as a humble warning and don't try and do anything stupid again" I added.

"Cyn. I guess that's enough, come on, let's go before anyone comes" Bethany said clearing her throat as I nodded slightly, letting Stella go.

"Cynthia Miller. You are a real badass!" Madison said with a soft chuckle as we walked out.

"Wait..." I paused as we reached the school's exit gate.

"Um...you guys carry on, I think I should go talk to Damien and make it clear that I'm not the one behind this gossip" I continued.

"No. What I think is that we should go home" Madison replied as we stopped walking.

"Cyn. I don't know but he just seems a bit scary...I'm worried that he might hurt you or something" She added as I frowned in confusion.

"Why would he hurt me?" I said with a shrug.

"And does he?" I asked curiously.

"Does he what? Cyn" Bethany asked.

"Does he really seems scary to you all?" I asked as Madison just shrugged.

"Um...yeah he does gives off that kinda aura" Bethany replied and that got me wondering that why have I never felt it?

"Anyways, Beth, what do you say? I should go talk to him, right?" I asked hoping she would say yes because I think I need a push.

"If you feel like you should talk to him about this, then yes you should go and talk to him or else I don't think you owe him any kind of explanation..." She paused.

"In a few days this gossip will cool down and he'll go on living his life and we'll go back to our normal lives too...so it's up to you, if you feel like it's important to you that he knows the truth then go or else don't" She continued with a shrug.

Nope. Not helping at all.

"Wow! You are really a great help, Beth" I said sarcastically while rolling my eyes.

"I know babe, thanks" She replied grinning.

"Come on, Madi, let's go. I'm sure Cyn is not coming with us" She added to Madison while winking at me before they both left saying goodbye to me.

I sighed thinking of the inevitable...and that was this 'talk' with Damien.

•••

Hey guys,

Please vote, comment and share.

Until next time.

Love,

Crystal ❤️