Ch.13: The Inquisitorial Squad and Snowballs

Start from the beginning

"I'd advise you to not participate in a fight that isn't yours, Potter!" He spat at him.

Harry looked confused and just stood there. Draco scooped up some snow before staring at my face.

"Seriously Draco? What are you doing? This is getting-" before I could finish my sentence Draco shoved the snowball into my face and mouth. The Weasley twins bursted out into laughter at the same time I did. Malfoy let out a small smirk before I used all my weight to push him off. Seconds after everyone began the fight again and laughed it off.

Draco and I wrestled each other in the snow, each time someone got pinned down snow went straight into their face. I had never heard him giggle before and when he started I surely was shocked. He has one of those weird laughs that make you start laughing as well.

When everyone got tired we all started forming small groups and Draco went off to go do his own thing.

~

"Y/n I thought he was going to kill you!" Poked Elizabeth.

"Bro... how in the bloody hell did you not die?" Jeremiah questioned.

The two started throwing questions at me when suddenly Sasha snapped.

"Don't you two dimwits realize?! Those two idiots are friends!" Sasha spat in a really cruel tone.

"Sasha.. Why did you say it like that? That was kind of mean..." I murmured.

"Mean?! You think I'm being mean?! You're the one who's best friends with the biggest jerk in the whole school! I thought I was your best friend!
But I guess not because you found a 'suitable' replacement!" She shouted at me.

"Sasha!" Shouted Jeremiah while Elizabeth just watched in awe.

"No no, she's right Jeremiah. Look, I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry I haven't been around you guys as much or sitting with you in class.
Sasha, you're still my best friend, I swear! There isn't anything that could change that... there's just something else... alright?" I fidgeted my fingers.

"Something else?! What is it that could possibly make you want to be with him instead of us?! Just because he saved you from the lake doesn't mean you owe him anything!" She continued to shout and bash.

"Sasha.. please. I-" I stuttered. My anxiety started to soar.

"No! Enlighten me! Why are you around him all the time?! Why do you follow him like a lost puppy and why does he let you?!" She screamed at me.

"Goddamnit Sasha! It's because I like him!" I nearly shouted.

The three of them got quiet as their eyes widened.

"You.. what?" Whispered Elizabeth.

"I said I like him, okay?" I whispered back.

"Y/n..." Sasha said calmly.

"Yeah?"

"You're the greatest idiot to walk down the halls of Hogwarts. You do know that right?" Sasha said while grabbing my shoulders.

"Yeah... I know that." I looked down as she stared deep into me.

Sasha gave me a hug before apologizing for all that she said. The other three needed to take some time after the news and went off to go to breakfast in the Great Hall. They had invited me to join them but I declined, my anxiety was too high.

I sat down into one of the benches and buried my face into my hands. I must have sat like that for hours because the next time I looked up I saw the sun directly above me and a sadly familiar woman dressed in all pink was walking up to me.

Good lord, what could I possibly have done to have Umbridge want to talk to me?

She stopped in front of me.

"Y/n Travers, I need you to follow me to my office." She said with a cold smile.

I stood up and followed her with my head hanging. As we walked to the headmasters office I could hear students whispering, they must've thought I was in trouble.

Umbridge sat in Dumbledore's old spot and told me to have a seat across from her. All of the cat decorated plates creeped me out. She went on and on about questions that involved Harry Potter.

Things like "are you two close?" "Are you friends?" "How well do you know his friends?". I didn't really know Potter that well and I didn't really care or bother to get to know him either. I was really only friends with the Weasley twins as well. So I just answered her truthfully.

She then went on to ask me questions about where my Loyalty was, I didn't know what she meant so I asked her to elaborate. She sighed and asked who my friends were. I began to name them but she stopped me when I mentioned Malfoy.

She asked me the same questions she did about Potter but instead with Malfoy. So again I answered truthfully. Telling her I was good friends with him and most of his friends, I mentioned that we were relatively close as well.

Umbridge lit up as I talked about it and quickly asked me an odd question.

"Travers, would you like to join a little group of mine? Think of it like a club."

"What is it about?"

"Prefects, staff, and Mr Filch aren't enough to keep students in line. So, I'm starting a small club with select students to enforce the school rules!"
She went on with a laugh.

I paused to think about it, personally I don't like Umbridge. I'm not fond of her rules either.

"What is in it for me?"

"Oh. Well you have the ability to take points and give points to houses as well as giving students detention. On top of it all you'd get extra credit!"

I paused again. I didn't like the idea of working for Umbridge but then again I like extra credit... plus I could help Slytherin win the house cup this year...

My body became quite cold and suddenly I heard a familiar hushed voice. A cold and raspy voice.
"My boy, join her. Be a part of the group. Do this and you'll be on the path of gaining your worthiness."

Shivering I whispered under my breath.
"Yes, my lord."

"Hm? What was that?" Umbridge commented.

Suddenly all was warm again. She must not have heard the voice.

"Oh, sorry! Erm, sure... I'll join the group... what is it called?"

"That is great news! It is called The Inquisitorial Squad!" She cheered.

She handed me a pin with the letter "I" on it and made me put it on my robes. Umbridge quickly shooed me out of her office because she had more students to talk to.

When I walked out I saw Draco waiting in the hallway near the door. He seems to be waiting to talk to Umbridge. I gave him a quick wave and a smile. He looked up at me with wide eyes as his face went pink before looking away.

As I walked out to the Great Hall I couldn't help but think about how odd of a guy he is. There seems to be no 'normal' personality for him.