6. Henituse Territory

Alberu indeed wished to meet and have talk with the adult Cale. However, he didn't expect it would be granted this easy.

Earlier, he spent his time in Cale's bedroom by playing chess and not nudging any topic that might trigger the boy's tantrum again.

The 10 years-old boy seemed relieved and thanked him by the end of the day.

"Your Highness, I hope you can sleep well while residing here."

Alberu ruffled Cale's hair, smiling softly. "Thanks. Tomorrow we'll have a long day, so you should sleep well too."

Cale felt the uneasiness inside him was erased. He smiled innocently like usual.

"Mmh! Good night!"

The First Prince of the Roan Kingdom stayed at Henituse Estate as young master Cale's guest.

The maids, servants, and knights were gossiping and speculating since when their feisty, never-leaving-estate in contact with the Royal.

In the Count's office, Count Deruth was in confusion how could his eldest son looked very close with the First Prince.

All he knew was several months ago the First Prince invited Cale which he replied.

His son Cale never leaving for Palace nor in contact with the First Prince.

So, how?

What did he miss from his sight?

-o-

Alberu was surrounded by white fog. It's a familiar place since he's been dreaming. But, this time he's the one who sat on the couch.

Snap!

Immediately on the table was served two cups of tea and sweets. One of them was Cale's favorite cookies.

"Greeting, Your Royal Highness."

That voice. That innocent face which fooled everyone in the palace.

Alberu was greeted by the adult Cale Henituse. The scenes no longer blurry. He could see as vivid as real world.

Cale Henituse wore the military uniform. His red hair was longer and reached the middle of his back.

Alberu inhaled a sharp breath.

The commander Cale Henituse. The one who occupied his new attendant almost one year ago.

He finally met him.

"Hello, Commander Cale."

The redhead scrunched his face. "It's my first time you call me like that. Your Highness, please be ease and call me as usual."

Alberu pondered. The usual.

"Young Master Cale?"

Cale Henituse's face got brighter. "Yes, Your Highness?"

Alberu let out a deep breath. His wish granted. But being here with the adult Cale in reality, although this was a dream, weirdly wrong.

He just knew that there was barrier between them.

Alberu didn't say a word. He watched Cale munching the cookies nonchalantly with legs crossed.

Was this how his adult version feeling?

Not fitting as a noble, but no urge to fix the disrespect Commander Cale did to him?

Cale glanced at the thin frowned lips young Alberu did. He stopped eating, brushing his palms to clean the crumbs.