03

The bells of the school rang, taking your friend out of her homework zone as she closed her notebook. The two of you briskly walked along the school's halls, trying to reach your destination as quickly as possible.

"I'm never gonna hear the end of it if I show up late,"
Haruhi remarked.

You rolled your eyes as Haruhi narrated to herself, being used to her narrations seemingly forgetting you were there. You knew it wasn't really in her control though, so you tried not to hold it against her.

You made it to the clubroom, and stood behind Haruhi as she opened the door. Immediately you were blasted with a humid heat, taking a peek inside to see a tropical landscape.

What the hell is this?!

As if they were waiting for the two of you to arrive, the boys host club greeted you,
"Welcome!"

Haruhi stood there with an expression that was a mix of shock and disappointment, and you could only assume she was narrating to herself again.

"You finally made it Haruhi, you're so late,"
An annoying pair of voices chimed in.

"I may be wrong, but my calendar says it's still early spring,"
She said in disbelief.

While Tamaki went on about the school's heating system and the benefits of the tropical atmosphere, you couldn't help but examine the various animals that had been brought into the room. It wasn't every day you could be this close to a toucan! You weren't quite sure you liked the way it was looking at you though, so judgy for no reason!

Eventually you found yourself serving guests drinks with Haruhi, trying your best to ignore whatever flirtations the blonde boy was throwing at the girls. He mentioned something about the party, grabbing the attention of Haruhi and the other guests.

"Um Haruhi?"
One of the guests began.
"Aren't you going to wear a tropical outfit like the other boys?"
"Yeah, I'd like to see that!"

You friend nervously shook their head,
"Uh- no, I- I don't think it's really appropriate to wear anything but early spring attire in early spring!"

There was also no way she'd be caught wearing matching outfits with Tamaki.

The girls went on fantasizing about spending time underneath the cherry blossom trees with their brown haired host.

"Y'know ladies, I think it's so cute when you dream like that,"
That line earned your friend several bright red blushes.

"Excuse me,"
A girl walked over to Haruhi.

"I think it's time for the hosts to switch partners,"
She continued.

"Oh I'm sorry, you must be my next appointment miss..."

"Kanako, Kanako Kasugazaki,"

She placed her hand under Haruhi's chin, tilting her head up,
"You're even cuter than the rumors. I've made up my mind, from now on you'll be my new favorite host, Haruhi,"

A shocked sound came from the host club's king, one that brought a smile to your face. It'd be good for him to be knocked down a peg every once in a while.