"I'm not here to eat." She walked up to her. "Are you Elizabeth Malcolm?"

The lady frowned slightly, "no, Lizzie's in the back."

Isabella compelled the lady, hoping it would work, "go get her for me, love."

The ladies spine straightened as she her eyes glazed over. She turned around and walked into the back.

Isabella smiled in triumph. She was able to compel. And that also proved that, that lady was human.

A younger lady with dark brown hair came from the back, looking confused.

Isabella glanced behind her and found the older lady rubbing her eyes in confusion.

Poor lady.

"You Elizabeth?" Isabella asked.

She looked over to Isabella, "that's me."

Isabella gestured towards a table, "may we sit?"

Elizabeth nodded and they both took a seat opposite each other.

"Who are you? How do you know who I am?" She asked.

"I'm Isabella. I just have one question for you." She said, "are you a werewolf?"

Elizabeth's face paled which instantly answered her question.

"I don't know what you mean. Please leave." She stood up quickly and rushed to the back.

Isabella huffed but stood up and followed after her.

"I'll take that as a yes." She found Elizabeth with a knife in her hand, standing at the back of the kitchen.

"I don't know who you are but for some reason, my brain is telling me to trust you but I don't want to. Why are all my instincts to trust and protect you?"

That made Isabella frown, "I don't know. I really don't. But I'm not here to hurt you, I can assure that."

Elizabeth lowered the knife and placed it back on the countertop.

"What do you want, then?" She asked.

"I just want to know if you know some of your family's history." Isabella told her.

"Why do you want to know about my family?"

Isabella reached into her top and pulled out the necklace to show the girl the design and yet again, her face paled.

"H-how do you have that?" She asked.

"A friend gave it to me." Isabella simply said. "The person I'm trying to find may of not been exactly your family but he was definitely part of your clan."

"What's his name?" She asked.

"Thomas Jackson."

After saying his name, Isabella noticed the drastic increase of Elizabeth's heart rate.

"I-I don't know who that is."

And her heart blipped.

She was lying.

Isabella tsked, shaking her head, "now, that was a lie, wasn't it? I thought you said your brain was telling you to trust me. Listen to it."

There was almost a minute of silence as Elizabeth contemplated what to do, "how do you know him?"

Isabella closed her eyes, deciding whether to tell this girl the truth or not. It may be her one chance at getting her best friend back. So she decided to tell the truth, "I was with him in the Other Side."