9

They were in the car for a few hours and they pulled up into a warehouse, "Welcome back to Chicago Stefan." Klaus said as he walked out the car.

"What are we doing here?" Stefan asked.

"I know how much you loved it here. Bringing back memories to the good old ripper day?" Klaus said

"Blacked out most of them. Lot of blood, lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"Well that is a crying shame. The details are what make it legend. Chicago was magical." Klaus said.

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan said.

"Down to business, then?"

"Why am I still with you? We had our fun, your hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favourite witch. if anyone can help us with our hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus said.

He walked back to the car and saw Isabella sleeping, laying across the seats.

**

"Bella, wake up." Klaus said and Isabella's eye fluttered open.

"Where are we?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Gone to see a witch." He said and they all walked out of the car and to Gloria's bar, "Looks familiar, doesn't it." Klaus said to Stefan.

"I can't believe this place is still here." Stefan said.

"You gotta be kidding me." Gloria said.

"So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender-"

"Stop." Gloria demands. "You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

Isabella giggled and Gloria smiled at her.

"I remember you." She looked at Stefan.

"Yeah." Stefan said, "You're Gloria. Shouldn't you be-"

"Old and dead? Now if I die who's going to run this place?"

"Gloria's a very powerful witch." Klaus said.

"I can slow the ageing down some. Herbs and spells. But don't worry, it'll catch up to me one day."

"Stefan, why don't you both go and fix us up a little something from behind the bar." Klaus said.

Stefan walked away and Klaus picked Isabella up and placed her on the seat and he sat next to her whilst Gloria sat opposite them.

"You look ravishing by the way." Klaus said.

"Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of new travels. I see you found your sister." Gloria said as they sat down.

Klaus smiled at his sister, "Yeah" but then he turned and looked at Gloria, "So, what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse." Klaus asked.

"Obviously you did something wrong. Look, every spell has a loophole but a curse that old, we'd have to contact the witch who created it." Gloria said.

"That'd be the Original Witch. She's very dead." Klaus said and Isabella shifted in her seat, uncomfortable talking about her dead mother.

"I know. And for me to contact her, I'll need help. Bring me Rebekah." Gloria said.

"Rebekah. Let's just say, Rebekah's a bit preoccupied." Klaus said.

"She has what I need. Bring her to me." Gloria said.