Chapter 35 My best Friend's Wedding

Magsimula sa umpisa

"We're sorry, we didn't know how high the temp of the oven was and the cake started burning." One of the chefs said. I grabbed a fire extinguisher and sprayed at the oven.

"Open a window." I instructed.

When the fire was out, all that was left was a black brittle cake, that had a small fire. I sprayed once more.

"It's fine. Just get out of my house." I sighed, letting them out. As I let them out, I saw Kayla's car. Confused, I walked towards the car.

"Nicole, I am sorry for what I said. I wasn't thinking and, can I come inside?" She asked. I nodded as she walked behind me.

"I get that you didn't mean what you said, but you still said it. It was hurtful, it was wrong and you crossed the line." I said to her. "And don't use being all bridezilla as an excuse, because if anything I'm the one planning every little detail." I said.

"Can you just look at this?" She said, pulling something out her bad. It was something wrapped in a thin paper. "Come on." She said.

"Fine." I rolled my eyes and snatched it out her hands. I slowly unwrapped it and saw the words ClearBlue. In the middle was a little cross sign. "Pregnant." Was all I read. "Oh my Gosh, your pregnant!" I yelled, but she covered my mouth.

"Shh, you're the first person to know. I haven't told you know who." She said.

"I am so happy for you!" I said to her and she smiled.

"That's why I need you to hide it." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"Okay, right now is not a good week for a bomb like this for Eddie to know, or anyone in fact. And we're moving in together, so I cannot missplace this or have him finding it. So I need you to stuff it in your purse or your drawer. Just till the end of this week." She said.

"But I don't understand why you just won't tell him?"

"Okay, when you're pregnant and freaking scared out your mind, come find me." She said sarcastically.

"Okay, alright. I'll uh, put it in my draw."

"That's not safe enough. If Luis finds out, then he's going to tell Eddie and Eddie's going to be mad that I didn't tell him." She said.

"Oh, I know, my purse. Luis never goes in my purse." I said.

"Thank you so much. You're like a sister to me." She said, hugging me. Her phone rang. "I'd better go. That's the hubby to be calling." She said as she left.

***
It was the day of the wedding. Atfer just three days of planning, Kayla's dream fairytale wedding was finally here. She slept in the upstairs spare bedroom, while Eddie slept downstairs, because they were superstitious about the "Can't see the groom can't see the bride until the wedding." I find it corny. I mean Aunt Edna died of breast cancer, not because you looked at your fiancé. It just happened to fall on the same day.

Anyway, I woke up extra early next to my fake hubby. I smiled at him sleeping. "Wake up fake hubby, we got alot to do." I nudged him as he woke up.

"Five more minutes." He groaned.

"No silly. You gotta go make sure Eddie doesn't get cold feet and bounce. Your suit and tie are all downstairs, upstairs is occupied to us girls." I said.
***

"Okay, I got a massage coming in an hour and a nail artist coming to do your nails. The makeup artist is coming last along with the hairstylist." I recited to Kayla. She was starring into space. "Stop freaking out, okay?" I said to her, putting my hand on her knee.