Chapter Thirty-One

Start from the beginning

"But you can give me Pandora's Box," said Neal. "I don't have to trust you if I could stop you."

I looked over at Rumple as he handed over the box to Neal. "Son..."

"Look at me," said Neal. "You so much as lift a finger to preform magic, you're gonna spend an eternity in this box. That goes for you too Liana."

I scoffed.

"Let's go," stated Emma.

As the group exits, Rumple stops Neal. Neal looks at him. "Look... you may know who you're up against, but you don't."

"Then tell me," said Neal. "What really happened between you two?"

Rumple looked to the ground before looking at Neal again. "Because... Peter Pan destroyed my father."

                                +++

We were now walking behind the Charming's on a trail in the Jungle. Rumple and I overheard Emma and Hook's conversation. "We need to talk," Emma told Hook.

"I've found that when a woman says that, I'm rarely in for a pleasant conversation."

I rolled my eyes at Hook's reply to Emma. "There has to be a way for David to leave the island."

"Well, there isn't," said Hook.

"He told me about your brother, what happened. I know it can't be easy to talk about, but..."

"Well, then let's not, shall we? The water that cured David from dreamshade has connected him to the island. If he leaves, the connection is broken. The poison will kill him."

I frowned. I didn't know that David was poisoned.

"What if we take some of the water with us?" Emma asked. "That way he stays connected. He can stay alive in StoryBrooke."

"For how long?" asked Hook. "Once the water runs out, the dreamshade will take his life."

"Unless," spoke Rumple. "There was another cure." Everyone stopped to look at Rumple. "What? You suddenly interested in what I have to say? Thought I wasn't to be trusted."

"You're not," said Emma. "But I'll take my chances."

"Well, if you remember, I, too, was poisoned by dreamshade by a cowardly pirate. And yet..."

"Yes," Emma interrupted him. "And we know how you cured yourself. With a candle that takes another person's life. David is not that selfish."

"Oh, how noble," replied Rumple. "The point is, after my near death experience, I discovered much about the poison. I believe I could create an elixir back in my shop."

"What's your price?" asked Emma.

"Well, this is quite the favor. I'd expect one of equal weight in return."

"No," Neal suddenly spoke up. I looked up at him. "When we get back to StoryBrooke, you're gonna save David because it's the right thing to do. No deals, no favors, understand?"

"Fine," said Rumple. "I'll do as you ask."

"I'll go tell David," said Emma.

I turned to Rumple. "You know..." Rumple looked at me. "This is a good thing. Helping David without a deal. I know it's not what you wanted but it's a step to defeating the darkness within you."

Rumple sighed. "I guess you're right. I mean... he is family... after all."

I smiled. "Exactly."

Then all of the sudden Regina, Mary Margaret, David and Tink, came out from behind a bush. "We're here," said Tinker Bell. "Pan's permitter."

"It's time," said Emma. "Tink will sneak us back liked we planned. We grab Henry. In and out, simple. You good with Pan patrol?"

"Locked and loaded," said Neal.

I watched as Rumple then took Hook's sword. "You mind if I, uh..." the blade zinged. "Borrow this? You said no magic. I agreed. But I'm not walking in there with nothing but my good looks."

I smirked.

"Now, I on the other hand..." said Hook.

Charming then decided to toss his own sword to Hook, which was a bit shorter. "Here, in case your good looks fail you."

"Thanks mate," said Hook.

"Wait. What about Liana?" Rumple asked, looking at me. "I'm not letting her come with us unless she has something to defend herself with."

"I give permission to Liana to use her magic," said Neal. "I trust her a lot more than I trust you."

I nodded. "Thank you."

"No problem," said Neal.

There was silence before Emma said, "Let's get Henry."

                              ++++

Aaannnnd the fight to save Henry begins!

I'm sorry about Liana not getting a lot of screen time in this chapter— it was hard to put her in. But I did my best! I hope you enjoyed!