Chapter 3 - A bloody encounter

Start from the beginning

"Is this a interrogation? I never thought of you as a chatty one." She said, but Five just looked at her waiting for an answer. "I'm a nurse, I met Elliott when his wife Eleanor first brought him in the hospital for a brain check up." She left the boyfriend question unanswered because she thought it was obvious that she wasn't his girlfriend, the dude was divorced and frankly she liked more independent people, she had enough patience to take care of at the hospital, she didn't need to also take care of a partner.

"Let's go Five." Diego hair was flying due to the power he put in his walk, Five seconds behind him with his hands on his pockets, he glanced one last time at the woman that was looking at him walking away. She waved her hand with a nurse smile and he pressed his lips together before walking down the stairs. Weird woman.

———

"So you followed him and now you brought him back?" Asked Y/n while she plugged the metal thingy to melt aluminum. She had already taken the first aid kit that was now full of bandages and such, she had gone out to buy more supplies since the future assassination of JFK came in the picture.

Lila was stripping Diego of his clothes, she stripped him too much even, Y/n had to turn around in order to keep on talking with her while preventing her eyes of a gruesome image. "He's bleeding, thankfully I was there, imagine if I wasn't. He would be dead on the floor in a pool of his own blood."

"Think what you wanna think." She said while Lila took the hot metal gun in hand and started her work. Diego screamed his lungs out while his skin hissed at the contact with the metal.

"Shhh. You will wake Elliott up! And don't move, this thing is very finicky."

"What happened?" Groaned Diego in pain, his eyes laid on Y/n's back before his head rose up to look at the woman sitting over him.

"I saved your stupid ass."

"Gosh this two." Mumbled Y/n while the two argued. Diego Screamed again and then no more sound.

"Did he pass out from the pain? Lila, the hell?" She asked ready to turn around but a woosh caught her on the action and the boy appeared in front of her. "The old man is back." She announced finally able to turn around.

"Oh. He isn't dead." He passively cheered ignoring the woman in front of him, yeah Y/n didn't feel threatening at all to him, meaning: she could be ignored easily. He bickered with Lila a little, and took a tissue to cover his throat.

"Did you cut yourself shaving? I could teach you to shave like a big boy." Y/n ignored the two, she walked in between them, took the disinfectant and lowered Five's hand from his neck, she took the tissue and damped it with the liquid before cleaning the three scares. Five half hissed and half sighed at thee burning feeling, he felt melancholy.

"No, I just ran into an old family friend." Now Y/n was sure he was feeling a bit sad. Elliott walked out of his room yawning his sleep away, he spotted Five being attended by Y/n and Diego passed out on the sofa.

"I'll make some cereals... someone wants some?" He asked and the only one rising her hand was Y/N. She was shocked at how a nap could help him get his emotions on check but she surely was glad. Maybe he was finally getting used to the fact that this was a crazy ride and being too hung up on details was only going to make him go crazy.

Five swatted Y/n's hand away rudely when he stopped feeling pain from the disinfectant, she glared at him while he walked towards Elliott looking at the various machines set up by the man. "Do you know how to use those?" He asked pointing at the buttons and screens, Elliott nodded vigorously, a sparkle in his eyes at showing all that he had, Five asked him to turn everything on and contact him if something ever beeped alive.

"Is he always this rude?" Asked Y/n to Lila while the other two were talking about the machines.

"No idea, just met him, but something pushes me to say yes." So not even Lila knew the guy. "Come help me bring this dumb ass inside Elliott's room."

The two eventually managed to lift him up and drag him in the other room, all under the amused smile of Five sipping black coffee. She left the girl to watch over Diego and closed the door behind her with a soft sigh. She was not working this days but why did it feel like she was?

Five snorted at that, risked to choke in his hot drink. Y/n glared at him once again, walking to the kitchen make herself cereals and sit at the table with him. "Having fun not helping?"

"I am but a boy, could have never helped you better then this."

"Oh so now you are a boy, thought I wasn't supposed to call you young man."

"Boy works, young man doesn't"

"What about senior?" She asked leaning forward, Five side glanced at her with a more serious expression. "So what? Are you like a little over 55 years old? You said 45 years but you look 13, is it some kind of condition?" She asked her face going from teasing to excited, even if nursery wasn't her first ideal job she still liked to know about medical stuff, not only because she was a nurse but also because she found it interesting in some way.

"Hold up doctor Frankenstein, I just jumped wrong the first time." He said setting the cup of coffee on the table. Y/n face scrunched in confusion, jumped wrong?

"You need to further elaborate that if you want me to understand what you are saying."

"Do I want you to know now?" He smirked.