Chapter 57 : Mischievous Villain's Move

Start from the beginning

Nevertheless, as the day begins the pass by, Hera and Natalie can wield their power better as well as improve their swordsmanship. Natalie's prediction of the future is correct when Medea practically tortures her during the training between them. Medea sometimes shows her a few tricks while sparring with Natalie. Of course, Natalie would be crushed by her power and strength in swordsmanship.

Most of the part would probably come from how she teases Medea privately. From her slim, quivering arms to her frail body, her body is now lean and toned from the consistent training. Natalie would be out of breath in the first ten minutes of the movement, but now she can train more than that. So that she may reach her full potential in whatever endeavour, she practises swordsmanship and the use of a bow.

"My Lady?" Apollo's voice suddenly appears, causing Natalie to stop swinging her sword.

Daphne approaches with a handkerchief in her outstretched palm, ready to be received by Natalie. The Duchess of Light gives the gesture a quick look before accepting it and wiping away the sweat that has been building up during her rigorous training.

"Yes?" she asks, still wiping her forehead.

Daphne catches sight of Lord Apollo, who is fidgeting with his fingers and distracting both women. Then, Daphne understands his nonverbal cues and immediately gets to her feet. The figures keep an eye on her till she leaves. With a glance around, Apollo ensures no one is breathing anywhere but him and Natalie.

He closes his gap with the Duchess, then talks in a small voice, "About the man you want me to search--- he is gone."

Natalie pulls back as her face fills with confusion. "How?" she asks, putting her sword on the ground.

"He vanishes into thin air. Even his family don't know where he is, and he disappears overnight," Apollo explains, feeling puzzled about the man.

"Not even a trace of him?" she bombarded him with questions.

Apollo shakes his head, meeting Natalie's disappointment.

"People haven't even seen him after that?"

"Nothing, except a man claimed that he saw him with another unknown figure with a black cape going somewhere. Some people said he is just a madman talking ridiculous things," Apollo notices the Duchess clenches her fist over the news.

It is natural for her to react that way. He should have found it better.

"Find the man. Someone owes me something," she said as her ruby eyes darkened.

Lord Apollo has no choice but to oblige. Although there are in the middle of a war, the blonde woman still thinks about it. A part of her will never let it go as it continues to haunt her. The man then bows to her, leaving the Duchess alone. The Duchess of Light lets out a heavy sigh, looking up while closing her eyes.

"I don't know what I am doing right now. It is pointless, but I can't let it go. Fucking Viscount Jonathan," Aurora thought.

Duchess Smith picks her sword again, putting it in the training area, the usual place to place it back. Then, she takes herself to the bedroom, submerging herself in a scented bath while scrubbing off the dust and dirt accumulated while training. She feels refreshed after winding up. Daphne notices the Duchess changes a bit after meeting with Apollo and decides to go to the kitchen, preparing some hearty snacks for the blonde woman.

On the other side of the heart of the Empire, another figure moves his chess piece on the board, grinning at the pawn.

"It should begin right now," the Crown Prince smiles, turning his chair, looking at the capital's view.