Chapter 4: One Kiss Is All It Takes

Mulai dari awal

It felt like my heart dropped, my chest felt heavy. To my reflex and panic, I immediately raised an arm to block the hit, my eyes closed tight.

"Eek!"

God, why is this person here?!

"Wait." I slowly peeked one eye open, only to see the shadow guy gone and Chaerin is back at my sight again. The hallway returned to normal and no longer blurred. I internally sighed in relief.

Thank God!

She looked at her hand, deep in thought. "I heard a rumor that guys are into getting hit by me."

I blinked my eyes, frowning in an instant. "I'm not a guy though?"

"So? I'm still not gonna hit you." She deadpans, turning around to walk past me. "Fucking creeps."

With a sigh, I can only walk towards the classroom while sorting out my thoughts. It's terrifying enough that I quickly got used to being sassed by her. But what scares me more is that memory I thought I already buried to forget.

Haaa. Change topic.

Original Suhyeon wanted to abandon the quest but he couldn't, since if he did, he'll lose the rewards and the quest window won't show up anymore.

I suppose knowing the plot will help me more than being new to the world. This won't be that hard!

A few moments later...

"A kiss..." I trailed off for the nth time, almost ducked my pathetic face into my desk. "A kiss...just one kiss.."

One kiss is all it takes~

Fuck, why am I singing?!

Don't mind me. I'm just busy overthinking if Chaerin would drink the milk I'd buy her later or things will go awry and change plot. I mean, what if she doesn't like me and ends up spilling the milk on me?!

I can't even tell if she's overly rude to me unlike how she is with the original Suhyeon.

Ah, and the milk isn't the only option I have either. It didn't specify which kind of kiss I should do with Chaerin. Which means! It could be any kiss! A kiss in the cheeks? Hand? Hair? Forehead? Legs?

But no! She might slap me before I can even attempt to do it! I suppose indirect kiss is the best choice in this situation. But...but consent...argh!

Imagine sipping into her straw, my saliva still there, and she sips into it as well? Hygienic people might screech the words "DISGUSTANG" in a British tone. I closed my eyes, preventing tears of stress to ruin my face.

My morals are stopping me from doing it!

Atleast original Suhyeon was oblivious about it!

"Want a kiss?"

My mood reversed in an instant. "Really?!" But then it hit me. My mood dropped once again when I realized it was just Kuja. How can I even not realize.

"If...you don't mind kissing me!" He added.

"Holy crap you scared the shit out of me." I remarked, having no energy to even yell that out straight to his yakuza battered face. It's like reading a text from a textbook, which sounds weird, but I'd do and say anything for the plot.

"Anyways, what happened to you?"

I'm sure we already figured that even if I speak different lines, nothing weird ever happens except that there are other people's lines that change as well. I thought it could be worse, but this isn't that serious afterall.

He then looked at me seriously. "I got beat up...by the bullies!"

Alright, seems like the plot is still going smoothly. I feel kind of bad, but hold on just a little bit longer, buddy.

"Why would you say something like that with such gravitas?" I curiously asked, even asking that not because of Suhyeon's line, but because I'm confused as hell. Even the way he delivered it sounds...movie line worthy?

Observing his face, he literally looks like a fighter. No wonder the fake rumors will help him become stable as El Diablo. "It's funny how you look like you can fight, but turns out you get beat up like me all the time."

"I, too...thought I'd be stronger!" He exclaims, in which I can only sigh at.

"I'm telling you, stop speaking with such gravitas."

Kuja then changed the topic. "By the way...why do you keep muttering about a kiss?!" I huffed out a sigh as he added. "And right beside me, too...very suspicious!"

"Don't assume anything." I told him flatly, and it didn't seem to offend him.

Hm, maybe I can talk more about it with him? Maybe he can actually give an unexpected sensible suggestion.

"About that...uh, what will you do if someone gives you a mission you had to complete, and it is to kiss someone?"

My question seems to be processing slowly in his mind. "Hmm, well...if you ask them really nicely, they might let you!" He exclaimed, a response which I already expected from him. I appreciate it, but there's no way I'd do that. I can't even argue with Chaerin!

"There's that free hugs campaign! If you did that, but with kisses—"

I shook my head slowly, cutting his words short. "That's not possible for the likes of us, Kuja."

"You know what, let's just forget what I said earlier—"

"How about...you could offer them money...in exchange?" His suggestion is just like what he suggested in the webtoon, again. I guess even if I try to change something, the plot still goes on.

But what do I say in response?

"Oh wow! You're a genius! A kiss is just a kiss anyway, money can solve it! How much cash do you have right now? Can you lend me some? I'll pay you back!"

Nope. No can do. I already know that's bad.

"Kuja, that's...uh..." I trailed off, not sure how I can refuse his suggestion. He smiles as he reached out for his pocket before he can even get a response from me.

"Ha...I've got you covered."

But as soon as he was about to pass on some money for real, I simply shook my head. To be honest, I got tempted to reach out for it. I mean, I'm not just a height deprived person, I'm broke too! Seeing money made me almost blind.

We both sighed in distress. "I can't believe we legitimately thought that was a good idea for a minute."

"I'm sorry...that was...a terrible thing to suggest!" Kuja apologized.

I waved a hand to lessen his guilt. "We were both wrong for entertaining that notion. I'm sorry too."

Maybe it was right of me to not follow some lines Suhyeon said that can make situations complicated, especially if I already know what will happen. I need to practice improvising my lines from now on as well.

So later, I won't even bother asking Chaerin if she ever kissed someone to avoid getting beat up by Changdong.

Play smart, not hard, guys. I've decided that I just need an indirect kiss!

~*~