Chapter 2

You jump into your car and start the engine. You watched Tyler head back to his car before heading out of the parking lot.
Your home wasn't too far away from here, which made your job quite good... But when you drove home, you had a sickening feeling.
When you reached your street you took a couple of deep breaths when you see both Helen and John. You've tried your best to stay away from them, but it was kind of hard to do that.

Seeing as they're your fucking neighbours.

You quickly park your car but wait in the driver's seat, hoping that they hadn't noticed that you hadn't gotten out.
Helen and John seemed to be discussing something, but it didn't sound as normal as you thought. In fact, Helen did not look happy with John and his expression was that of a kicked puppy.

What the hell happened?

You finally build up the courage to hop out of your car, quietly close your car door, and head down to check for mail before going inside. You managed to get to the kitchen inside and look through the window to see both Helen and John head inside their own home. You could see the tension in both of them. They had unfinished business.

You sigh and throw your coat down onto the couch and switch the tv on, though you didn't look at anything in particular.
You pulled out your phone and scrolled through Facebook. You were aware that Helen had it, and every now and then she would post. John was usually in the pictures which you loved, and sometimes you would stare at the photo for some time, and sometimes you even save it.

Okay, I'm a complete stalker.

But what would you do if John did fall for you? You'd push him away, you'd tell him to live his life because you knew he deserved better than you, I mean, that's why he's with Helen...
You sigh and drop your phone on the couch and surf through the channels, your eyes flicking down at your phone screen every now and then. You weren't a true loner, you had Tyler and a few other friends, but some of them were back at home in the UK.

You were trying to focus on the tv but your mind always went back to the moment when Helen and John were outside.

What there they arguing about? Or more so, what was Helen getting angry about?

Truth be told, but you had never seen her get this angry so that really got your attention. It's not like you would say hello to the couple ever single time you saw them. You weren't that close, but you had known them for two years now.

You should have already been friends.

But you were too scared to, even though you were crushing hard on John, his wife looked like a lovely person to be with.

One day, I'll talk to her one day.