Chapter 41: Jeju Island 1

Start from the beginning

"A truly successful hunter is one that has someone to protect. However, you still have to protect yourself out there, Mr. Cameraman." Ma Dong-Wook said.

"Yes, not to worry. I may not look like much, but I'm an A-rank hunter. I basically have two profession. This isn't my first time going to a dangerous filming location. I was even sent to cover a few dungeon breaks... although, no situation can probably compare to the place we are right now." The cameraman trembled as he touched the equipment he had brought.

"Don't be too scared. The reason why the chairman of the hunter's association even allowed you to come to this place was because he will certain his plan we succeed."

"T-Thank you for your worries."

"This will most likely the first time normal people can watch S-rank raid, as well as their last time. On top of all that, after the third failure, people have been wanting vengeance on Jeju Island. Let's make sure to accomplish that this time."

Yoon-Ho shifted his gaze to the right, looking at the man seated beside him. "I'm surprised you even came, Byung-Gu."

"It's because I know that you will most likely to be the first to die if I wasn't there to heal you. You're the type to just run in head first, that's why." Byung-Gu said mockingly, which made the other hunters in the air-craft smiled.

"Why the hell would I just run head in first?!" Yoon-ho exploded.

Byung-Gu was an S-rank hunter and a healer. Due to the death of his friend during the previous Jeju Island raid, he had already retired as a hunter. However, when the association announced the fourth raid, his strong sense of duty drove him to join the raid again, despite his trauma.

Yoon-Ho turned to face the young man sitting directly across from Byung-Gu. He sat quietly on the corner, playing with his tablet as if they were not preparing for a battle, but rather a leisure trip.

There is a brief moment of silence. Seung-eun looked up from the device in his hand, puzzled, to see others staring at him.

"What's the matter?"

Ma Dong-Wook was the first to raise his voice. He said, with a friendly smile, "You've been really quiet since stepping into the aircraft hunter Han. We'll be fighting together this time, so I believe we should get along well before we arrive."

"You are right." Seung-Eun gave a shy smile. He appeared to be an obedient child, which was completely inappropriate for the bloodshed that was about to occur. Still, you shouldn't judge a book by its cover.

But in reality, he had always been reserved. He wouldn't open his mouth if it weren't for his brother's request, which is to make more friends. Even while conversing with Sung Jin-woo, he felt as if he was doing so to conceal his calculating mind.

When Yoon-Ho checked the participant the other day, he remembered that the boy had not planned to join the raid.

"Let me introduce myself then. My name is Han Seung-Eun. I'm a fighter, and I usually fight  with my sword." He displayed the sword, which was lying on the seat beside him and had exquisite carvings and a gleaming gold color.  "It's also my first time raiding S-rank gate, so I'm a little nervous."

The passengers on the plane felt increasingly sorry for the boy. Joining such a high rank gate without prior experience is tantamount to courting death. It was not the same as lower rank gate. But they couldn't do anything because the chairman, Go Gu-Hee, had already confirmed it.

"That's more like it."

"It's the first time I've had a close-up look at you, hunter Han. You only recently re-awakened as an S-rank hunter, and even before you could pass through an A-rank gate, you were taking part in a dangerous mission." The cameraman said.

Seung-Eun only laughed lightly. "Do you think I'm confident in my skills or arrogant?"

'You can't survive in the gate with power alone.' Yoon-Ho thought to himself.

"We don't know your power yet so I can't say for sure. But let's just hope for the best."

Yoon-Ho considered it; he would observe his performance later, and once they had successfully passed through the gate, he would hire him. Although the boy is a little mysterious, it would be beneficial if he joined his guild and possibly persuaded Sung Jin-Woo to join as well.

.

.

.

.

.

Author note:

Is it just two bestfriend? Idk, but Goto Ryuji is kinda hot

-

Life update? Still have ptsd when I remember my English teacher trash talked my writing so hard. Anw. I have like exams and internship for the next few months. Idk when I can upload the next chapter. Semester break starts around November. I simply hope that I can finish this book by the end of this year :D