Chapter 5

You know this meeting won't go well.

None of them are particularly good at sharing, and someone could die, or, as close as they can get to it.

(Are they immortal? You need to ask more questions.)

You're terrified to bring up the fact that you, were technically, all of theirs. It just wasn't going to end well. In no circumstances would it end well. Yet here you were, about to attempt to talk it out.

Unfortunately, since you lowkey sprung this on Miranda - as expected she was not pleased and her wings fluffed up angrily - the other Lords would also be present. You've heard enough about Lord Moreau and Lord Heisenberg to not be a fan of that.

They were all slow to show, apparently after it was made clear you wouldn't be returning for an encore of the first meeting Lady Dimitrescu and Lady Beneviento showed shocking tardiness.

Lord Moreau arrived first and oh god -

He gave a toothy grin to Miranda before sighting you, his hunched figure made its way towards you with surprising speed and you had to force yourself to not flinch when you smelt the Reservoir on him.

....amongst other things.

"A new one? Can I have her mother? I haven't gotten one in so long- "

Miranda growled, causing him to flinch back, "She's not up for debate."

Wonderful first meeting.

Lord Heisenberg arrived a few minutes later and zeroed in on you, "Is this the human that's been making Lady Super Sized Bitch so agitated?"

What the fuck did he just call her-

Miranda sighed in mild irritation while Mia rolled her eyes. After, you become well acquainted with his many offensive nicknames.

(You could admit that some of them were on the rather creative side, however.)

They arrive together, along with the daughters and of course, Angie. They don't look nearly as uplifted as you remember and you can't help but frown at the sight of it. It takes them a second too awkward to see you.

And everyone freezes.

Donna speaks, in front of everyone, and she does it for you. Your name tumbles from her mouth, likely without permission considering how she curls in on herself. You look to Miranda, subtly running a hand through her feathers to calm her before going over to Donna.

She lunges towards you, causing a momentary domino effect of everyone else moving to stop her from attacking you. But it becomes clear she's just impatient to get to you to hold you very very tight - borderline unbreathable - and likely not let go. You cradle her against you gently, relishing the softness.

The calm before the storm.

Heisenburg clears his throat, causing everyone to look at him, excluding Miranda who's pretending like everything's fine but she accidentally plucked a feather out.

"What exactly is going on here."

"That's our human." Cassandra drawls in irritation towards him.

"She's not yours." Donna growled, causing Bela and Alcina to bristle while Daniela looked like a feral dog.

"And I suppose she's yours then?" Daniela snapped back, causing Donna's grip on you to tighten.

" Yes ."

A growl escaped Bela's throat while you watched Miranda thrash her wings slightly in irritation, and you assumed that wherever Mia was lurking, she was also not in a good mood. Fighting broke out almost immediately between the two lords and the daughters, unfortunately starting a literal tug of war over you.