[Stranger Things] Steve Harrington x fem chubby reader

Start from the beginning

Steve almost dropped the umbrella, but he successfully caught it. He fumbled around with it as he stated a simple, "no. Why would you even think that?" He questioned. "I don't know. You were looking that way and the girls are walking out now." Dustin stated. Steve stopped what he was doing and looked around the umbrella, raising his glasses up to get a better look.

Indeed, there were the three girls. Robin, Nancy, and, you. You weren't wearing a swimsuit though.

"Oh... I get it. Steve has a crush!" Dustin realized. "Shh— shut up." Steve shoved Dustin's side. Steve stepped away from the umbrella, finally done with it.

"Who is it? Robin?" Dustin asked. "No— no way." Steve said, remembering Dustin doesn't know she is gay. "You still have a thing for Nancy?" Dustin pushed. "No." Steve sighed. He did have feelings for her for a while, but someone else eradicated those feelings.

"Y/n?"

Y/n, you. Oh lord. Steve thought you were a literal angel. You were so compassionate and sweet, yet also being funny and smart. You would always tease him, and he's pretty sure you've flirted with him a bit, but he's never sure if you're just being nice or flirting. God, he has fallen for you, so, so hard.

"So it is then?" Dustin giggled, wiggling his eyebrows. "Hey? What about this? If you shut up, I'll give you a cookie." Steve suggested. "I have bigger expectations Steve.. and I demand cake." Dustin demanded, folding his arms together.

"Okay— okay fine. What kind of cake?" Steve asked. "The ice cream log at Dairy Queen." Steve grabbed Dustin's hand and shook it. "Deal. As long as you don't talk about.. my love life." Steve said. "Wait, you love Y/n—"

"Shut. It." Steve warned. Dustin rolled his eyes as he sat down, digging his toes into the sand.

"Hey guys!" Nancy called, walking up to the picnic blankets. "Hey." Steve greeted, pulling his sun glasses back down. "Where did everyone go?" Robin asked. "Into the water." Steve said, gesturing to the ocean.

You looked over and saw Eddie body slamming Mike into the water, Will and El trying to save him. Lucas and Max were on a tube together, doing couple stuff.

"You're not going into the water Y/n?" Dustin asked. "Hm? Oh, yeah yeah, I can't 'cause... uh," you stammered, too embarrassed to say your lie. "It didn't fit." Nancy explained for you, making you blush in embarrassment. "Oh damn, that's too bad.." Steve said honestly.

He would've loved to see you in a bathing suit. Robin smirked, seeing Steve's sad face. "Hey Nance, let's go in the water shall we?" Robin suggested. "Yeah.. yeah hold on. I need to do something real quick." Nancy explained.

Robin raised an eyebrow, before shrugging. "Alright. See you guys!" She waved, running into the water. Nancy sighed, watching her go. Nancy looked at Steve. "She's an energetic one, isn't she?" Nancy giggled. "She sure is." Steve laughed.

You watched the two laugh, feeling like you were the third wheel. Nancy sat down, really close to Steve. "Steve, I uh, need to talk to you." Nancy said. Steve blinked, nodding slowly. "Uh, sure." Steve agreed.

"Alone."

Nancy glanced to you and Dustin. "Yeah, of course." You said, turning around quickly and walking away. Steve watched you, a sad expression on his face. "Nancy, what is it?"