Chapter 18: Plot Armor

"What's wrong, Gettysburg, don't want to share your toys?" Stark taunted as a hand morphed fluidly into a cannon which shot a ball of Hakai energy. Armageddon caught the sphere and dispersed it, sneering. The demon shot forwards faster than even Superman could perceive, hitting the armor dead-on and firing him into the ground, through the crust of the planet.

             Furious, the son of evil flew into the tunnel, a reality-bending punch charging to the avatar's full power and being thrown forwards. Though dazed, Anthony's armor reacted automatically, catching the punch by the arm. As a fiery white aura started nullifying the attack, Stark leaned forwards, smirking under his mask. "Turns out, Beyonder armor is pretty dang durable. Now, hunger bindings, those you can't overuse." Suddenly, Armageddon realized his energy was being drained and he batted the arm aside, forming a violet blade of energy a dozen feet long, slashing down on his frustrating opponent. Stark teleported behind the fiend, smiling as his right forearm morphed. "Swordfighting? We can do that too." Iron Man unsheathed Ascalon.

             Cassandra Sandsmark ducked under a beam of scarlet energy, bisecting the monstrous cyborg attacker before lassoing a giant pink panda, hurling it into the air where Gotenks sliced it into a hundred pieces with Future Trunks' sword. Darkstar was draining the energy of half a dozen Blood Shadows at once, while a violet suit of armor loomed over the rest of the fight, firing an arrow the size of a city towards an Armageddon of similar size, who swallowed the attack and headbutted the monarch, breaking the armor and shrinking her to her normal size.

             Nico Di Angelo ran his sword through another demon, panting as he yelled behind him: "What's taking so long?"

          Charmcaster spat in frustration, the Alpha Rune around her neck glowing vibrantly. "Armageddon has reinforced this world, warping reality is harder than it usually is." A teenage Anodite threw several discuses of energy at surrounding monsters, shrugging in Nico's direction before flying off.

             Cursing in Italian, the son of Hades knelt on the ground, placing his hand on the ground. There was so much death here. And he, was king of the dead.

             "Grazie, padre," whispered Di Angelo, raising his sword in the air as he felt the power of a god swirl through him. Before the Olympians died, they imbued their power into their children. Hazel probably received a power boost too, but as the son of Hades as opposed to Pluto, Nico had enough power to raze gods...or to raise them.

             A massive hand shot through the earth as a figure rose, eyes glowing pure white. A second being crawled to its feet, then a third, and a fourth, and a fifth...a black aura flowed freely out from Nico's body, dark lightning striking the battlefield, reviving hundreds of the dead under his command.

             Whis's eyes opened, light returning to his form, though somewhat different.

             Hit rose to his feet, still with a hole in his chest, though the assassin remained indifferent towards it.

             Marvel's Ares crash landed back to the ground, somehow in one piece as he roared, starting to plow straight through the enemy forces in a beeline towards the nearest Armageddon.

             Shazam awoke several miles away, scrambling out of the rubble as he stared confusedly at the chaos in front of him.

             Hyperion flew out of the ground, asking no questions as he flew towards the demon ragdolling Thor.

              Armageddon's eyes blazed, beams of energy the color of sunsets annihilating a thousand Einherjar. Suddenly, he stopped, sensing a familiar energy behind him. "No..." he murmured. "I destroyed you."