"Oh, right. I forgot." (Y/n) frowned as she looked at the letter.

———

Lilith smiled and looked at her telecrow. "What a good kid. And she said I love you." She murmured to herself with a warm smile.

Lilith picked hp her telecrow and dialed a number into it. The crow began humming.

———

Timeskip to Lilith's party because you poor things have already suffered enough exposition.

———

(Y/n) approached the Owl House on her staff. She'd lied and told Hunter that she was going on a long walk around Bonesborough and that she wouldn't be back until later. When she'd told him, she was very vague about it as she didn't want Hunter worrying about the fact that she was going to a criminal's house.

The girl landed her staff and walked into the Owl House.

"(Y/n)!" Lilith cheered as she stood from her place on the Owl Lady's couch.

"Lilith!" (Y/n) cheered in return as she wrapped her arms around her.

"Oh! Good to see you as well!" Lilith smiled and returned the hug. "Now, I've got a surprise for you!"

"For me?" (Y/n) raised her eyebrows in surprise, "Isn't this your party!"

"Yes, well, I thought it would be the perfect time to tell you that I've been talking to Ms. Adeline and..."

Lilith pulled out a piece of paper, more specifically a certificate.

An adoption certificate.

(Y/n)'s jaw dropped

(Y/n)'s jaw dropped. Dropped to the ground. Broke the ground. Busted straight through the dirt and stone that lied beneath them. Dropped all the way to the Human Realm.

"..If you sign, it'll be official..." Lilith bashfully said.

She was speechless.

"So...?" Lilith said with an anticipating smile as everyone who attended her party watched. "What do you think?"

"I think, Yes!!" (Y/n) exclaimed as she threw her arms around Lilith. "I'm so happy! I don't know what to say!"

Lilith handed her a pen and (Y/n) signed immediately.

Luz, the human, ran like the wind towards (Y/n) with her arms wide open and embraced her in a hug. "Cousin (Y/n)!!"

(Y/n) returned the hug and smiled so hard her cheeks hurt. "Cousin Luz!"

The Owl Lady's dog ran up to the pair, "Hey! I'm cousin too! King want huggies too!"

(Y/n) picked the dog up and hugged him gently, "You happy now?" She asked with a chuckle.

"Yes. Very." He replied.

"Oh yeah. Sorry about Eclipse Lake, buddy. Nothing personal, you know?"

"Water under the bridge. Repay me with snacks." King said, earning a laugh out of (Y/n).

"I will, I promise." (Y/n) put King down before running up to Lilith and hugging her too, "Mama Lilith!" She smiled. Lilith smiled and hugged her back.

"So, Lils, you got a little coven dweebus for a daughter now?" The Owl Lady asked with a joyful smirk as she ruffled (Y/n)'s hair.

"Hey, I was once a coven dweebus too." Lilith replied, earning a laugh from everyone.

Aunty Eda. Cousin Luz, Cousin King. Mama Lilith. (Y/n) smiled to herself. Nice ring to it, huh.

———

By the time (Y/n) returned home, to the castle, it was already dark out. She opened Hunter's door and found him sitting in the dark.

"Hunter! You won't believe what happened! I had one of the best days ever!" She exclaimed as she dropped her mask onto the ground.

"Yeah? What happened." Hunter asked quietly.

"Lilith adopted me! She talked to Ms. Adeline and adopted me!! I have a mother now! And it's Lilith! Can you believe it?"

"So you did go to the Owl Lady's house." Hunter said, making (Y/n) freeze in her tracks.

"Um. How- how did you know?" (Y/n) asked as she felt her face drain of color.

Hunter held up a paper. It was the letter Lilith had sent. "The Owl House at 10 in the morning, Scabuary 16th." He read aloud.

(Y/n) pursed her lips and stood completely still.

"Did you lie to me, (Y/n)?" He asked with his voice full of hurt.

"I-"

"I told you not to talk to Lilith for one reason—because I don't want you to get hurt again!" Hunter ranted as he stood from his seated position. "But here you go, off to the Owl Lady's house!"

"Aunty Eda i-"

"Aunty?! Aunty Eda?! (Y/n) she is a criminal!" He shouted. "Belos will-"

"Belos can suck my ass!" (Y/n) yelled back, taking Hunter by surprise.

"Y-"

"I don't care what he'll do! I have a family now. I've got a mom, an aunty and two cousins!"

Hunter felt a pain in his chest. A saddening one that felt like betrayal. "May I remind you that this new family of yours is the enemy here?!" He yelled at her with an anger she'd never heard before.

"Well tough shit, I don't know what you want me to do about that!"

"Don't visit them again! How about that? You know, keep yourself safe?? Prevent yourself from becoming a fucking statue?!"

"You can't control me. I can do whatever I want."

"No, you really can't. You make one wrong move and Belos will petrify you." He yelled, his voice beginning to break at the thought. "I don't want you to get hurt, okay? I don't want you to leave me."

Hunter brought his gloved hands to his face, pressing them against his teary eyes. He knows he's selfish. But is it really so selfish to want to keep her safe? His only friend in a world of enemies?

(Y/n) felt her heart break. She took Hunter into her arms and held him tightly. "I- I in won't leave you. But I won't leave them either. I promised you that you wouldn't be alone. And I will never break that promise."

Hunter smiled and felt his face blush. "Thank you." He said. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have yelled at you."

"It's okay, I understand why. You're just looking out for me."

"(Y/n), I- I don't know what I would do without you." (Y/n) guided them to sit on his bed. "Go insane, probably." He said and let out a sad chuckle as his head fell onto her shoulder.

A tear wet (Y/n)'s top while she ran her hand through his hair.

He laid his head down on her stomach and he slowly drifted off and closed his eyes.

(Y/n) watched him with a tired smile and a slight blush.

"Good night, Hunter."