Chapter 25 | 𝔖𝔦𝔵 𝔩𝔦𝔱𝔱𝔩𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱?!

{𝔗𝔞𝔨𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔞𝔱𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔇𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫 𝔟𝔢 𝔰𝔢𝔢𝔫 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔶𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔥𝔞𝔳𝔢 𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔤𝔞𝔦𝔫 (ℑ 𝔡𝔬𝔫'𝔱 𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔨 𝔰𝔬) 𝔰𝔱𝔬𝔭 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔬𝔟𝔰𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫}

Fire and Rain by James Taylor played on the radio, giving Steve some sort of enjoyment for the last few minutes of driving. Nancy had joined him in the passenger seat for what Grayson would guess be pity or uh, you know Company. "How's it handle?"

"Not half bad" Steve kept his eyes focused on the road occasionally throwing the teens a concerned glance through the review mirror. "Considering that this is a...house"

The brunette smiled, nodding her head with delight. Steve felt a smile quickly grow on his lips. "Yeah, it's...it's silly, but I...I've actually...I always had this dream that I'd have this really...really big family"

Grayson had an eyebrow arched in confusion as she listened closely to their conversation. She laid down on the couch absentmindedly running her fingers through Max's soft fiery red hair. Grayson cooed, coaxing the girl pressed up against her chest to sleep as she tangled their legs together. If it was up to her she would wish to stay like this forever.

Dustin rubbed his eyes with his free hand while throwing daggers at the couples surrounding him, Robin, Erica, and Eddie. They all felt slightly uncomfortable but managed to keep each other in check by playing old card games at the table.

Steve swallowed thickly, slowly clearing his throat, and watching the trees go by. "I'm talking, like, uh, a full broad of Harrington's minus Grayson cause you know she's probably gonna take Max's last name but like, five six kids"

Nancy furrowed her eyebrows. "Six?"

Grayson had a horrified expression on her face. Her voice went up an octave. "Six?!" She parted her lips in disbelief did he want to kill Nancy? But she did indeed want to take Max's last name.

Steve nodded his head. "Yeah. Six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys"

The taller girl let out a wheezed breath of air. Six little what?! Grayson blinked heavily at Nancy. Her brother never failed to baffle her. Steve let out a small laugh. "And...and every summer, I figured all of us Harringtons, we would pack into something like this and...just see the country" he shot the brunette a quick look. "You know, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone. End up in some beachside town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand learn how to surf or something"