𝒙𝒍𝒗𝒊𝒊. a normal old clock

HAWKINS, INDIANA — 1986

THE BIG BLUE HOUSE LOOKED EVEN more ominous in person, looming over the group as they got out of the Wheeler's station wagon.

"That's not creepy at all," Steve muttered as he looked up at it, helping Theresa out of the back of the car. She had somehow managed to get stuck between him and Dustin for the entire ride.

Tess observed the big house analytically, folding her arms. It was actually a quite charming house, the kind of place Theresa could have imagined herself living in one day.

"I think it has potential," she said with a shrug, starting up the stone walkway that led to the front door.

They had brought tools just in case they might have needed them, and were proven right when they were met with a boarded-up door and windows.

Steve began removing the nails with a hammer while Theresa did the same on the other side, though he still had many questions about what they were doing there.

"What exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" he questioned, letting another nail clatter to the ground.

"My guess is... dried blood on the walls and old bones," Tess replied with sarcastic bale, smirking a little. Steve contorted his face, shaking his head slightly.

She was on the last nail, forcing it out of the wood and taking a step back. "All we know is that it's important to Vecna."

Steve glanced over, then asking, "Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?"

Theresa shrugged, then nodded.

"Great," he mumbled.

Just then, Dustin cut in, "Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back, why he killed the Creels... and how to stop him before he comes back for Max and Tess."

Lucas, standing beside Max, frowned. "...We don't think he's in here, do we?"

Max shrugged. "Guess we'll find out."

Steve and Tess removed the board, letting it fall to the ground of the porch with a thud. Theresa almost instantly frowned when she looked at the door, hearing a deep voice utter her name.

She looked around, seeing that clearly no one else had heard it. Except Max, who appeared equally just as distressed. They locked eyes, the both of them knowing what the other had just heard.