𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒗𝒊𝒊. still a douchebag

NOTRE DAME, INDIANA — 1986

"I'M REALLY STARTING TO REGRET giving you a key."

Steve looked up as Theresa walked into her apartment, finding him sitting on the couch with his feet propped up watching television.

"Hey beautiful," he instantly smiled upon seeing her face, standing up and walking over to greet her.

He swept her into his arms, spinning her around as Tess gave a groan. Steve looked down at her, kissing her before saying anything.

"What's wrong?" he finally asked, noting the frown on her face.

Theresa sighed, attempting a small smile. "I just sat through a three and a half hour lecture. Really fun stuff."

Steve smiled down at her, pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I would have fallen asleep within the first ten minutes, if it makes you feel any better."

"It doesn't make me feel better, but it is funny," Tess replied, tilting her head with a shrug.

"I'm glad I could make you laugh," he responded, leaning down to kiss her again. "I've missed you," Steve continued, kissing her again.

Theresa laughed a little, placing her arms around his neck. "It's been like a week," she mumbled between kisses, Steve pulling her closer by the waist as he absentmindedly nodded.

"It's been like a million years," he gave a distracted response, becoming more focused on grasping at her hips like a man starved.

"Someone's needy," Tess remarked as Steve pushed her back toward her bedroom and connected their lips once more.

He hummed in response, falling over her onto the bed as he pulled back for a moment to look at her.

Theresa furrowed her eyebrows, staring up into his doe brown eyes.

"You alright?"

Steve quickly nodded. "Yeah, of course. I just... like to look at you."

She slowly started to grin. "Weirdo."

He rolled his eyes, leaning down for another hungry kiss. Steve was unsure why he was yearning for Theresa in the way that he was; it really had only been a week since they had last seen each other. He tried to pay a visit at least once a week, which most of the time he did, but Steve wanted more. He wanted every single day with Tess– no, he wanted every second. The only explanation he could think of, really, was that it was because Theresa was the only girl he had ever been in love with.