Baby steps, she reminded herself. Baby steps...

"Why are you asking them instead of me?" she asks him, raising a curious brow.

"Because you guys were talking earlier?" he replied with a question and Aine tilted her head at him. "It would be bad manners to just snatch you away though I would want that, your friends may beg to differ, love."

"Hm..."

"Oh for gosh sake, just go with him already, Ai!" Ginny groused, shooing her friend to leave. She couldn't afford to take another second to see her best friend and her boyfriend being all affectionate in front of them. And partly, she could see the rising disdain of her older brother who was beginning to find all of this a little overwhelming. She knew of George's crush on Aine and how they agreed to remain friends after all. The walls in the house were thin enough to hear the twins talking about it. And though George had told her that he was over Aine, accepting the fact that their enemy who was always taunting them was dating their good friend was equally as hard to accept. Not to mention, he was still a little protective of the raven-haired girl since she was like their little sister. 

"Honestly, what are you two doing in front of adults!" she fusses like her mother.

Aine jokingly jerks Ginny's arm, shooting her a look before she stood up and excused herself. "Well then, I'll be back soon!" she informed her friends, winking at her best friend.

Ginny's grumpy expression immediately shifted to a chaffed smirk, taking the option of poking fun at her friend since she usually does it to her with Michael. "Actually, darling, you know what? Take your time!" she waves to her.

"See you lot later!"

"Don't do anything inappropriate, children!" Ginny shouts from behind and her brothers nearly choke on their drinks. Aine's eyes widened at her, she could feel her cheeks burning up.

Draco simpers at Aine's friends before he walked out of the Great Hall with her.

From behind, he could overhear the Weasley twins roasting their little sister. "You do know that you're still technically a child right, Ginny? The adults here are me and Georgie!"

"Not at all, Fred! Aine's the one and only precious child we should all be doting on!"

"She's literally the same age as you!

Draco chuckles to himself once again. "Your friends sure love you a lot," he told Aine and the girl gave a small smile. 

"I love them a lot too."

They made their way out, ignoring Pansy Parkinson's loud gasp from the Slytherin table as she calls out to him in disbelief. She couldn't believe her eyes when she saw Aine standing next to her beloved Draco. The boy cleared his throat, feeling embarrassed and uncomfortable with his obsessive housemate. He caught sight of Cyrus and Blaise both rolling their eyes at their fellow Slytherin's response. "That was dramatic," he commented under his breath, making Aine laugh. 

"I thought you liked her, Drakey poo," she jabs at him, causing him to recoil at the awful nickname.

"Stop that, love," he warns.

"Or what?" she dares ask.

"Or I will retract my wish for your prayers to be heard," he said.

She gave him a petty scoff and crossed her arms, giving in to him as she stopped calling him by the hideous name Pansy had given him. "Fair enough."

Draco reaches for her hand and laced his fingers through hers, "That was fast, what made you change your mind?"

"I need all the luck I can get for my wish to be granted," she tells him. "Umbridge's giggles are enough to make my ears bleed!"