Letters To Apartment 64 D

Start from the beginning

“Hummm dirty girl” I smirked looking over them and grabbing the little box from under my bed, the old battered shoe box filled to the brim with our other letters and the other sweet and sexy polaroids she had sent to me...

I stood having my second coffee of the morning attempting to get the metal capacity to take a damn shower. When I heard a knock on the door which confused me. I set my coffee down and went to the door giving it a firm pull and being met by a familiar face.

"Morning Watts"

"What do you want Weiss?"

"Mostly to bug the shit out of you, and not pay for a hotel during my layover?"

"Fine" I sighed letting him in "Coffee?"

"Yeah go on then" He laughs taking off his jacket and having a look around my apartment "Still living in a crack den I see"

"Ex crack den." I corrected

"They left, I moved in. that's how renting works Weiss" I explained as I made him a coffee

"Didn't even put new wallpaper on the walls?"

"Why? it's... fine" I shrug 

"I am waiting for the day I walk in here and its a perfect little place"

"Why?"

"I'll know you got a girlfriend"

"Don't be a dick," I told him handing over his coffee and taking a seat at the table 

"Still haven't brought a couch?"

"Why? I have a chair"

"Some would call that antisocial ben"

"People don't like it they are welcome to fuck off" 

"Now that is being antisocial" he laughs "Can I change my clothes? been in these on the plane I feel horrid"

"Go on," I told him so he happily headed into the bedroom I didn't think much about it getting my typewriter set up as I needed to get some writing done today, and soon enough he returned in a new shirt with a smirking smile across his lips "What?" I glared giving him a look but he just smirked at me "What?" I asked again more firmly this time 

"what's her name?"

"Whose name?" 

"you know who"

"I do not."

He smirked and set the last couple of polaroids onto the table "who is she?" he smirked 

"I said you could change, not go through my stuff!" I complained grabbing them and hiding them away 

He smirked and took the seat across from me, "something you want to tell me ben?"

"No" I snapped focusing on loading my typewriter 

"I already know so tell me"

"You don't know shit Weiss"

"I know there's… a girl." He smirked 

"Do you now"

"Who likes you enough to flash her tits in a polaroid for you" he smirked and I didn't even look at him "come on, I won't tell anyone"

"Yeah you won't, because I'm not telling you anything. It's my business. It's got nothing to do with you Weiss" 

"Tell me, come on. Or I will tell everybody about your little polaroid girly"

I sighed "will you shut the fuck up. If I tell you?" 

"Yes"

"And you won't say a word to anyone else"

"Cross my heart"

"I'm serious Weiss. I hear anything about this outside of this apartment I take my knife and do something so horrific to your dick you will never want to look at it again. Do you understand me?"

"Yes" he gulped

"Fine. And don't judge me"

"I won't I promise" 

"Fine." I sighed, having a sip of my coffee. I pushed myself up from the chair going to my bedroom seeing where I hadn't put away the little box from last night where he clearly found those photos, so I returned them to the box and brought the box to the table taking out the photo she sent me so long ago, in her beautiful black dress letting him see the photo "Her name is y/n."

"Y/n? Cute."

"And she lives in the UK"

"What?"

"Yeah"

"How did you two meet then?"

"Well… we haven't officially. Met."

"Hu? Okay I need an explanation. Like now."

"When I finished my book, openings and tactics advanced"

"Yes benny I remember your book" he sighed sipping his coffee

"The chess federation paid to publish it, but due to them being cheapskate assholes they only paid for US distribution. And a couple of months after it got published I got a letter from the chess federation said someone was trying to get in contact with me about the book so I accepted. And a week or so later a letter came" I explained "from the UK, from y/n. She is the UK chess champion held the title for six years when we first got talking, she knew of me of course thought the chess news and things and she was very interested in one getting her own book published in the US

 and two getting my book published in the UK and Europe. We ended up getting nowhere with it but I sent her a copy of my book and she sent me one of hers" I told him getting the book from my box "and… we got attached to each other. It started off normal. Innocent. Just writing letters back and forth. Playing chess thought the mail and all just little things" I shrug "but we grew closer, and talked more and more and now, we talk all the time in letters always sending things back and forth to each other, put kisses on the ends of our letters, send each other polaroids cute and not so… innocent. And we're kinda, dating. Long distance." 

"So, this whole box?"

"Is letters, our via mail chess games, pictures, drawings, little trinkets and things she's sent me. Ohh yeah she went on holiday to the coast last summer and she sent me a little Panda on a string" I smiled getting the tiny bear as I flipped thought the box 

".... Hang on, have you two actually ever met?"

"No. Not in person. But I really do like her, I do. And it's not like I don't want to we've both busy and I don't get chance" 

"She sent you a picture of her in sexy lingerie and with her tits out. And I'm going to guess there are alot of them like that in that box"

"..... maybe" 

"And let me guess you have also sent her… of you-"

"Yes."

"Funny question I know. Why don't you just call her?"

"Time zones. Plus writing to each other is cuter plus we both travel a lot so it's easier just to have letters waiting"

"Benny. I admit I'm not the smartest guy in the world"

"Obviously" I told him

"But. Come on. If you like her that much, just hop on a plane or buy her a ticket and met this girl"

"Your right. I jumped can't afford it"

"Benny Watts you just one US Chess champion. Use your prize money to pay for it"

"Well…"

"What else are you going to do with the money?"

"Well, my car needs work, I need some new jeans, a couch as you so often suggest"

"Gambling it all away"

"Shut up Weiss"

"And your rather do all that, then actually meet in person this girl you've been talking to for years, and who is your girlfriend and get that you have never actually met"

"Point taken"