Mrs Watts P2

I finished up the press stuff I had to do and headed to the bar and restaurant to get something to eat, once inside I spotted y/n sitting in the hotel restaurant out on the porch looking over the pool so I smiled and headed over.

"Evening"

"Evening" she smiled back

"May I?" I asked to the open chair across from her

"Sure. Why not" she shrugged so I took a seat

"You did well today"

"Umm sixteenth"

"Still top twenty."

"How does it feel? To be a champion again?"

"The joy wears off I can tell you that much"

"I imagine so. Drink?"

"Alright nothing too strong in driving home in the morning"

"Driving? You nut"

"Why?"

"From Nevada to New York? Are you trying to give yourself a heart attack? Why not just fly?"

"I don't do flying. Except when I absolutely have to. And even then I'm not thrilled about it"

"That a joke or-"

"No that's serious I don't like planes"

"Yeah me either. I drive but it's not far back home"

We ordered our drinks and our dinner for the evening, they arrived fairly quicklyand just sat Chatting forever about chess, about life I don't think I'd ever had a conversation with a girl this long and been so happy about it. Typically of chat chess with some and they'd get board or is chat with a girl and I'd be very board but it was so easy to talk to her we never even had a moment of awkward silence between us and I had to admit I did really like spending time with her.

"On Your arm. What is it?" I spoke up fiddling with my glass

"Oh. Desert roses. My mother loved them"

"Is she?"

"Yeah. It was a long time ago"

"I know how you feel. I lost my mother when I was young too"

"How young?"

"Four," I told her "when did you -"

"Six" she smiled "I don't remember much of her but still" she shrugs

"Your a very fascinating girl y/n"

"That's certainly a new one" she giggled "o get sexy. I get headstrong. I get crazy" she smiled making me laugh a little "never fascinating." She says "it's an honour to be deemed fascinating by a man such as yourself, so highly in your field"

I couldn't help but smirk a little at her "so your not just a little cowgirl. Clever too"

"Would think you'd get that from the chess"

"Being good at chess and being clever are two very different things" I explained "Harry beltix can move well on a chessboard but he can't ask a girl out to dinner. Being a chess player takes intelligence and a mindset that's hard to come by, being smart, clever with knowledge how the world works and why it works is different. I think you and I may be some of the only people around here who understand that"

"Maybe" she smiled "one more"

"No. No. I've got to drive home in the morning"

"Come on. I'll buy to celebrate your victory"

"One more." I warn her she smiled and got us each a blue ribbon still in its bottle

"Huuummmm" she thought "to chess. And cleverness" she offered

"I'll drink to that" I smiled tapping the neck of my bottle with her's before we each had a sip

"Do you want to get better? At chess I mean?"

"Why?"

"Maybe you need to train. With someone better."

"Who did you have in mind?"

"Can you come to New York?"

"Bit short notice. And you barely know me I could be a bloodthirsty murderer"

"I've seen your knife. I'll take my chances"

"Mines bigger then yours" she reminds

"I thought we weren't going to her into that" I laughed "besides It's not what you've got its how you use it" I told her having another sip

"That the excuse you use on all the girls?" She smirked making me coak a little

"What would happen in new York then?"

"We can do some training. Maybe see a sight or two"

"Okay"

"Okay?"

"Sure. Why not" she smiled finishing her drink "I'll get packed, what time?"

"Shall we say, seven tomorrow morning?"

"Cool" she smiled "see you in the morning then benny" she smiled giving my cheek a kiss and heading off to her room for the night.