2. Mexican Grand Prix 2021

Yesterday in Qualifying, Valtteri Bottas got the pole position, Lewis Hamilton in second, and in third was Max Verstappen, and that's how they will be starting in today's race. I am hoping that Checo wins the race because it would just be fantastic to see a Mexican winning the Mexican Grand Prix. I know it is difficult that this happens this year, but anything can happen in 71 laps.

We are situated above the pits, which makes it way more exciting. The race starts intense with Bottas, Hamilton, and Verstappen fighting for first place. The three are wheel to wheel, Verstappen passes both of them in turn one on the outside. Bottas makes contact with Ricciardo and spins across the track and to the grass leaving Verstappen, Hamilton, and Perez as the three cars leading the race. At the same time as Bottas and Ricciardo made contact, Mick Schumacher and Yuki Tsunoda went over Ocon's left and right front wheels, forcing both Schumacher and Tsunoda to retire from the race, and the Safety Car is deployed.

After both accidents are cleared and the Safety Car enters back to the pits, the race restarts with Verstappen in the lead.

The race continues interesting but without any big incidents or big persecutions until lap 50 where Perez starts chasing Hamilton down and the Mexican crowd is on the edge of their seats. Every time Checo gets a second closer to Hamilton the crowd gets filled with more excitement.

The race ends and Checo is not able to pass Lewis Hamilton and get second place, but he still got his first podium in the Mexican Grand Prix which is exciting.

I am overwhelmed. I had forgotten what was like to come to a Grand Prix and have all these different emotions all at the same time, and now that I experiencing it again, I don't know how I could have lived all those years without experiencing it. I didn't talk to anyone during the whole race I was more concentrated on what was happening on the track rather than what was happening between my friends.

"It looks like you really enjoyed the race," says my friend Fer.

"Yeah, it was really fun thank you for inviting me, and sorry for like not talking to you or anyone during the whole race," I say a little ashamed of the last thing.

"It's okay, I understand that you were really into the race."

We stay in silence while I observe this familiar but scary world.

"You want me to give you a ride?" Fer asks kindly.

"No, it's fine. I can get on my own," I decline her offer politely and say goodbye to everyone.

Something about me is that I am reserved and appreciate the time with myself. I like being alone. I've been lonely almost my whole life, and I learned how to deal with it. Over time I started liking being alone. It has helped me discover myself. Being alone is scary when you are not familiar with it, but when you are, it is just comforting and safe. When you're alone no one can hurt you or stop you from doing stuff. It's only you, time, and space. I love loneliness. Some call loneliness sadness, I rather call it freedom. My friends have gotten used to it and understand it, it's something normal in our relationship where I isolate myself more from all people.

When I finally decide to go home, the track is practically empty except for some parts of the pits where you can still hear some noise.

I think of what being here makes me remember and how much it hurts. It's been a long time, but I think it will always hurt no matter what. Watching the race was somehow hard. Seeing all those cars going around and knowing that my brother is in none of them is hard. But also makes me think of how years ago my brother was one of those drivers sure of what he was doing and happy of doing what he loves and the next moment he lost his life. I guess no one realizes how dangerous Formula 1 is. Every weekend 20 drivers enter these cars and decide to trust their life to the car and the FIA. It is something not everyone can deal with, but there is certain people who can find happiness and comfort in that thrilling possibility of dying. I'm one of those people even though I've seen with my own eyes what this sport can cost you.

I am so distracted in my thoughts that I crashed into someone by accident and dropped my stuff and theirs in the process.

"Oh I'm sorry," I say picking up my stuff.

"Sorry, sorry," he says at the same time in English.

When I look up at his face I realize that is Charles Leclerc. Of course, this can only happen to me. I think and facepalm myself. I help him pick up his stuff completely ignoring the fact that he is Charles Leclerc.

"Sorry, it was my fault, I was distracted," I say in English trying to be calm.

"No, it's okay. I wasn't looking either...." he trails off and stares at me with a strange expression on his face. "I'm sorry, I know this is a weird question, but can I know your name?"

He looks intrigued and confused.

"Axel, my name is Axel," I say slowly and cautiously.

"Nice to meet you my name is Char..."

"Charles Leclerc," I cut him off. "I know who you are."

He stays quiet. I don't think he ever thought anyone would cut him off like that, but here I stand.

"If there is nothing else you wanna say I gotta go, so ciao," I say and skate away.

I hear a 'wait' behind me, but I decide to ignore it and put my headphones on.

---

On the way to the orphanage, I can't stop wondering if Leclerc could see him on my face and that's why he was acting so weird. I've always known that I am a female copy of Jules just with a darker skin tone and darker brown eyes. Every time I see myself reflected in the mirror I see Jules. It was hard the first months after he died because every time I saw myself I also saw him. But I learned to take it as a little reminder that he will always be there with me no matter what.

///////////////////////////////

Hello, mentally ill people that are obsessed with F1. I hope this chapter was good enough for your expectations. These first chapters won't be as interesting as the rest of the story because they are made to introduce our lovely Axel. I promise this will become more interesting in the next chapters. Like I said before if I have any grammar errors or I am wrong with something I said about F1 please point it out.

P.S. the conversations between Axel and Charles were and will be in English until indicated otherwise.

Love to all the people who need it after the shitty job of Ferrari's team (excluding our loved Charles and Carlos) this season and their shit ass strategies that have destroyed (especially Charles' scream at Paul Ricard) every Tifosi and even some that are not even Ferrari fans ♥♥♥

~ author is probably a mentally ill teenager who finds happiness in obsessing over 20 guys who drive fast.