5

One heartbeat was rushing faster than a rabbit on the run. The other one was pounding with deep, intense beats. For Harvey, it was unable to tell which one belonged to him and which one to Shane.
There was a second, a short forever, where nothing happened. Just the two of them kissing, like people that were attracted towards each other, like men, like... lovers.
Then, Harvey flinched back, breaking out from the grasp of Shane and stumbling away, he almost fell to the ground.
"Shane...!", he gasped, "Shane, what the...!" He was this close to saying the bad word with f, but he caught himself. 
To his surprise, Shane didn't show any kind of reaction. He just sat there, on the bed, his eye widened a little. It made him look a little less sad, which was good. But it felt like it was the only good thing about it.
For at least as long as their kiss had last, they blankly stared into each others eyes.
Then, in the turn of one second to another, Shane flinched back too amd jumped onto his feet. He turned on the heel and grabbed his bottle of beer back, threw his head back and emptied it with one single sip.
"Oh fuck, Harvey", he groaned, "I am so sorry. I didn't mean to..."
He stopped, tried to breathe, burried a hand in his hairs and turned away. Obviously he didn't dare to look at his host anymore. Not that the host would turn into a hostile.
"H-hey...", Harvey stumbled back, "It's fine... you... you didn't want it to happen, right?"
The man shook his head.
"No."
With his chin, Harvey pointed onto the empty bottle Shane was holding. "You got some more of those?"
A short rumbling in Shane's bag later, Harvey could grab a beer as well and poured it back like it was water. He didn't even care if it was healthy anymore, it was a minute of anarchy.
Gasping for air Harvey swallowed and placed the bottle next to Shane's.
"Okay." He took a deep breath and loosened his tie until he could breathe again. "Then it didn't happen."
"It didn't happen", echoed Shane. With a rough sigh he fell back onto the bed, not sitting, just throwing his body back into the pillows.
For a second, Harvey evaluated what to do next.
"I still don't mind sharing a bed with you", Shane then broke the silence, "If you're still up to."
"I, uhm...", Harvey hated himself for being so hesitant. He was a grown-up man, he could dominate himself and hold back his emotions. "Yeah, sure. We're both adults, after all."
"In the sense of it's legal or in the sense that we can hold back?"
"We can... wait, what do you even mean with 'hold back'?!"
He just got a tired view as a reply. Shane had straightened up again and threw suspicious glares in the direction of his bag.
A bit upset, unclear if by Shane's changing emotions or his confusing signs, Harvey turned away, snorted and went into the kitched without saying something more. He'd make some tea, so all of them could come down a bit, and then he'd see to get some dinner and go to sleep as soon as possible, so this day would finally be over. Then Shane would leave again and go back-
Harvey froze in his movement. He glared over his shoulder to see a broken man sitting on his bed, not a single emotion on his face.
Yeah - where should Shane go once he threw him out in the morning?
Would Marnie take him back?
And if not - where should he stay?