ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ ᴏut

[ inside out ]
duster
0:00 --o----- 0:00
⇄ « II » ↻

— <3 —

students voices rang loud in the cafeteria, the room was filled with energy, per usual. when bokuto looked around the room and couldn't spot his friends, he decided he'd sit outside for the day.

he sat down under a tree in the courtyard with a carton of milk and some chips and couldn't help but think about how he was sitting in the same spot he'd first met akaashi.

with a heavy sigh, bokuto pulled out his phone and looked at all of the texts he'd sent him and wondered why none of them were ever opened. it took everything in him not to text him again, he didn't want to be annoying.

shoving his phone back in his pocket, he frustratedly crunched on a chip.
"bokuto, right?" he looked up to see some semi-familiar faces.

"yeah... i'm sorry, i don't think i know your names," he relied sheepishly, mentally triple checking that he'd never learned them.

the silver haired male sat down on the grass and motioned his friend to follow. "i'm sugawara koushi, but you can call me suga," he smiled, then turned to his friend.

"oh, right- i'm oikawa toru. we're both friends with akaashi and kuroo," the brunette said, leaning back on his hands.

bokuto smiled, it was an honor that their friends wanted to be friends with him too. "it's nice to meet you guys! thanks for coming over, it's way too quiet out here today."

"no problem, i've really wanted to meet you anyways, seems my little akaashi has taken a liking to you," suga replied, acting as if he were a nosey parent.

oikawa rolled his eyes and pushed suga's shoulder. "stop acting like that, weirdo," he chuckled, then turned to bokuto and said, "but it's true, i wish we could tell you something like 'we've heard so much about you!' but akaashi never tells us anything."

bokuto smiled and relaxed, he felt very much at ease with these two strangers. "yea he seems like he'd be a really private person, he always acts so mysterious!"

"right! gotta love him though," suga sighed happily and subconsciously looked around for the raven haired male. "speaking of which, is he not at school again today?"

oikawa looked down at his phone to see if he had any notifications from their friend, but there were zero. "i guess not, i don't really blame him though. i wouldn't want to come to school either after what happened. they were still polishing the floors today, apparently they couldn't get all of the blood out of the tiles."

"god, that's horrific. i just hope he's okay, i haven't heard much from him since that day." suga picked at his cuticles as he spoke, he wasn't even thinking about how they would be sore later.

bokuto pushed his worries down and figured that this was a good a time as any to speak up, even though he felt as if he shouldn't say anything since he's not one of their friends. "i stayed with him after it happened and he seemed like he was doing a lot better, so please don't worry yourself too much, suga."

"thank you, that's honestly really comforting to hear. i think i'm more worried about if anything will happen once terushima's suspension ends," suga replied, taking a bite of his apple afterwards.

oikawa groaned and added, "or even for when akaashi comes back, all of terushima's friends are pissed that he got suspended for 'something so stupid'."

"that's so bizarre, he made the choice to beat the shit out of someone, it's his own fault," the silver haired male rolled his eyes but soon took a deep breath and said, "anyways, we'll all soil our moods if we keep talking about this."