ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅɪɴɪɴɢ ᴛᴀʙʟᴇ

[ from the dining table ]
harry styles
0:00 --o----- 0:00
⇄ « II » ↻

- - <3 - -

"be safe getting home, yeah?" akaashi asked as he opened the front door for bokuto.

"i promise i will! have a good rest of your day, kaashi!" bokuto quickly hugged akaashi before running out to his car, leaving in the blink of an eye.

akaashi's mother watched the interaction with a bit of a sneaking suspicion, but she decided against saying anything, instead, "he's such a nice boy".

"agreed," akaashi said with a smile before walking up the stairs to his bedroom. the room seemed mundane without bokuto in it, he silently wished that he was still there.

the walls were too dark, and his bed was too messy. maybe he hadn't realized these things before, but he sure did now. akaashi was about to get into bed before he stopped in front of the mirror and turned to look at himself, thinking that the bruises kind of made him look more masculine.

even though he knew it would hurt, he still decided to step closer to the glass and turn to the side. the curve gorged a large pit in his stomach, making him ache from the inside out.

akaashi pulled on the neck of his sweatshirt, it suddenly felt like it was suffocating him a bit. he sat down on his bed and continued to look at himself, pulling at every stray strand of hair. he thought that, even though he cleaned it up last week, it might be time to cut it again. had bokuto noticed? is it all too obvious? should he get a smaller binder? would that even help?

before akaashi fell down a deep, self-imploding rabbit hole, the sound of a text interrupted him. he begrudgedly picked up his cell phone and read it, anxiety residing in his chest.

𝘬𝘶𝘳𝘰𝘰
𝘒: [ 𝘸𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘯𝘰𝘸.

𝘈: [ 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵?

𝘒: [ 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵. 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘪 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳?

𝘈: [ 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘪 𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘯𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘦.

kuroo always loved to be mysterious, but it more often than not ended with akaashi getting the short end of the stick. this talk could be one of three things:

one: kuroo wants advice

two: akaashi's messed up

and three: something good happened

and there were never any hints, which made the waiting period even worse than it already would be. akaashi paced around his room, trying not to get in his head.

the only possible thing akaashi could think of was the incident at school yesterday, but then kuroo wouldn't have sent all of those texts before.

while trying to break down what it could possibly be that kuroo needed to talk with him about, there was a knock at the door. akaashi quite literally ran down the stairs and threw the door open, greeting kuroo with an awkward smile.

the taller was quiet the entire way up the staircase, the only words spoken were a lazy greeting. once the door was closed, kuroo sat down at akaashi's desk chair, the other sat across from him on the edge of the bed.

"is that bokuto's sweatshirt?" kuroo asked, eyeing the piece of clothing laid on the floor next to his feet, a small smile found akaashi's lips.

"oh yeah, he must've forgotten to grab it this morning," the other replied, enjoying the mental image of bokuto searching for it when he gets home.