2.11

Chapter 11: Daddy Issues

"There's no way we're gonna give Uma the wand. We can't just let her destroy Auradon."

"Uma doesn't get the wand, then Ben is toast, guys."

"Right, so, we're gonna give Uma, of all people, the wand."

"Do we have another choice?"

The three were debating back and forth, trying to think of a way to get back Ben without giving Uma what she wants.

Mal was pacing back and forth, trying to think of something, anything, to get the king back. The stress was getting to her, between Ben getting kidnapped, Sky ditching their group, and Uma's deal about the wand, the purple haired witch was struggling to think outside the box.

"Wait! You guys!" Mal interrupted the three, an idea finally hitting, "Your 3D printer."

"A phony wand?" Carlos said, catching onto what Mal was suggesting.

"Yes!"

"In my sleep."

"And the second Uma tests it, she'll know it's fake." Evie interjected.

"Well, okay, so then we just get Ben out really fast. We need some kind of diversion."

"Smoke bombs!" Jay suggested, a trick the teens had used in the past when causing chaos.

"That's perfect. I'll get the chemicals I need from Lady Tremaine's place. That could work." Evie said, walking around the boys to join Mal, "Oh, and sick hair, by the way. Evil Stepmom seriously stepped up her game."

"Okay, do you want to know something?" Mal said, the two girls distracted by the new topic, "Dizzy did this."

"Little Dizzy? Shut up!"

"I know. I'm, like, loving it. It's, like, a lot lighter."

"Really proud of her."

Jay cleared his throat, the two boys standing there confused by the girl's sudden conversation.

"Hello?"

"Right." The two girls broke from their conversation, refocusing on the task at hand.

"Carlos, Jay, you guys meet us at Pirates Bay no later than noon." Mal said, putting together a game plan, "And, you guys, losing- not an option. Cause we're rotten-"

"To the core."

***

I was wandering around the streets of the Isle, probably a bad idea, especially considering my sketchy reputation. Not many islanders liked my return from Auradon, calling me a traitor and what not. But I didn't care. I needed to clear my head.

I had rounded a corner, not paying attention to where I was walking when I crashed into someone. I was pushed into the wall and the other person had stumbled back. At a first glance all I noticed was the disheveled suit and the strong smell of alcohol.

"Watch it," I started to walk off, paying no mind to whomever I bumped into, but a hand gripped my bicep and yanked me backwards.

"You..." the other person sneered, almost slurring their words. It was only when I regained my balance that I noticed just who I crashed into.

Shit.

"So the rumors are true," My father scoffed, his grip still tight on my arm, "My traitorous offspring has returned."