2.10

Chapter 10: Shrimpy Wins

"If you guys never would have brought him here, this never would've happened. What were you thinking?" Mal was upset, to say the least. Her friends had brought one of the few people she cared about to a dangerous place and now he had been taken. By her enemy no less.

Now it was a matter of getting him back unharmed.

"He was gonna come with or without us. We just wanted to protect him." Evie spoke up.

"Yeah, and we completely blew it."

"Okay! Okay. So, what are we gonna do?" Jay asked, a disappointed look on his face.

"We," Mal gestured to the three in front of her, "are not gonna do anything. This is between Uma and me, and she's a punk, and guess what? Now I have to go get him."

"Woah, woah, woah, Mal, you're still gonna have to go through Harry Hook and his Wharf Rats." Carlos tried to reason.

"Yeah, you're gonna need us,"

"Uma said to come alone," Mal shot back.

"Mal, come on,"

"She said to come alone," Carlos defended Mal, knowing fairly well she could handle herself, "I know one thing, I'm not going anywhere."

"We'll be here when you get back," Jay said, albeit reluctantly.

"What are we gonna do about Sky?" Evie asked, worried for not only Mal but Skylar as well.

"I'm not sure." Mal answered truthfully, "We'll figure it out later,"

With that Mal headed off to the chip shoppe.

***

"Hey! I wanted the fried clams,"

"And I wanted a sea pony. Life ain't fair!"

Harley and I were hanging out at a table while Uma went around waitressing, passing out food and whatnot. I was reading one of my comics, while Harley had her head on my shoulder, reading with me.

The door opened and all went quiet.

"I'm back," a familiar voice caught my attention.

My head shot up. Standing just in front of the door was Mal, a mischievous look on her face.

"Oh boy..."

"Loser, party of one. Right this way please." Uma gestured to an empty table. She pushed a chair over to Mal, who caught it with an unamused look on her face.

Mal sat down, still unamused, "Place still stinks,"

"Oh, I'm sorry. We're down a butler today, princess." Uma snarked.

"Where is he?" Mal asked, cutting to the chase.

"You know I've dreamed of this," Uma said, taking off her apron and dropping it to the floor, "You wanting something from me, and me watching you squirm like a worm on a hook."

"I'm so flattered that you dream of me. I haven't given you a thought since I left." That pissed Uma off.

She slammed her hands down on the table in front of Mal, "Obviously! You have your perfect, little life, don't you?"

Uma looked to the rest of the restaurant, "Doesn't she have the perfect, little life?" People just laughed, "And we're 20 years into a garbage strike."

"Listen, if you have some kind of score to settle with me, game on. I see no need to bring Ben into this." Mal said, tired of Uma's antics.