"Thank you for this opportunity and I promise that I will not be late again.", I thanked him and gave him a quick smile. He just nodded and looked at my signature on the sheet of paper. "When should I start?", I asked him. "As soon as you get some dry clothes. Theres a mall around the corner. I have to meet someone there anyway so we'll get you something on our way.", he said as he got up. I nodded and picked up my bag.

We walked out of the elevator and through the lobby without exchanging another word. I walked by his side, having to make three steps to some close to one of his. A car pulled up in front of us and he opened the door for me. "Thanks.", I smiled at him and got into the passenger seat.

We drove in silence until we stoped at a red light. "Why weren't you wearing a coat when you came in? It has been raining all week non stop.", he asked. "Oh well its a long story.", I smiled embarrassedly. "I have time.", he shrugged and stepped on the gas. "Well when I got off the bus I saw a kid sitting on the side of the street so I gave her my coat so that she doesn't get cold. It was little bit silly but I figured that the office wouldn't be far from the bus stop so I just gave it to her.", I explained. "You shouldn't give your things to someone if you need them yourself.", he pointed out and I nodded. "Well I was looking to buy a new coat anyway and I took that as a sign.", I smiled. He nodded and refocused on the road.

He stopped the car and turned off the engine. I went to open the door but it seemed too be locked, I turned to him but he had already gotten out of the car and opened my door. "Thank you but that isn't necessary.", I thanked him and stood beside him.

"Where do you want to go first?", he asked me. "Uhm we could split up, you could go and meet that person who you are here for and I'll go get something quickly.", I explained and he nodded. "And we'll meet up at the car?", I suggested and he just nodded and we enter the mall. "I'll see you.", I smiled at him and he just nodded.

Wow cold much.

...

I looked at the cashier and she gave me a quick smile. I placed the new blouse, pants, coat and new shoes out in front of her and she scanned them. "That'll be $455.26. Would you like me to put them in a bag?", she smiled at me. "Sure", I told her as I looked for my card.

I looked up when I heard the peep of the card reader and was met with my boss standing right next to me placing his card back in his wallet. "Oh uhm thank you that wasn't necessary. I'll pay you back.", I told him as he took the bag and started walking. "Don't worry about it, I have plenty where that came from.", he told me. "You don't have to carry my bag-", I was interrupted when I bumped into someone.

I turned around and locked eyes with the guy I had run into. "I'm so sorry I wasn't looking.", I apologized to him. "Watch where you're going."; he huffed back at me. "You were the one not looking. You should be the one apologizing.", Mr. Millan almost hissed at him. "Oh no I wasn't paying attention its none of his fault.", I told him. "No no no, he's totally right I was on my phone I should've payed more attention to were I was walking. I'm so sorry.", the man apologized to me and I just waved him off, telling him that we both should've paid more attention to were we were walking and told him to have a good day.

I looked back at my boss who looked the man behind as we kept walking. We arrived at the car and he opened the door for me before closing it again and putting the bag of fresh clothes into the back seat. "Do you have your license?", he asked. "Of course I do.", I told him. He nodded and looked ahead. "Then why did you come to work by bus?", he asked. "Well I don't own a car since I can go everywhere I want to by bus or use the subway", I explained. He nodded and then focused back on the road.

...

At this point I had changed into my new clothes and worked through a lot of his emails, when someone knocked at my office door. "Come in.", I told them. The door opened and one of Mr. Milan's guards looked at me. "Boss told me to tell you that you should go and have a lunch break if you haven't had one yet.", he informed me. "Sure, do you guys want something like a bagel or a drink I'll get it and bring it up for you guys.", I smiled as I put on my coat and walked up to him. "Uhm, I'll be fine with a water.", the guard nodded and I asked the other one the same question. "A bagel sounds good.", he smiled. "Great, by the way I'm Alicia.", I told them as I reach out for their hands and shook them. "I'm Samuel and that is William.", one of them introduced them. "Is it oaky if I call you Sam and Will? You guys can call me Ali if you want.", I smiled and they nodded.

I walked up to my Bosses office and knocked on the door. "Come in.", he replied with his what seems like his usual grumpy tone. "I was going to go on my lunch break and I asked Sam and Will if they wanted something. Do you want a coffee or a bagel or something?", I asked him. "I'll take a sandwich and a coffee.", he told me. "How do you like your coffee?", I asked. "A little bit of creamer and a spoon of sugar.", he told me. "No foam?", I asked. "No foam.", he nodded. "Great, I'll be back in twenty.", I smiled and closed his door.

I walked up to the receptionist as soon as I was in the Lobby and asked her the same question. "Just a sparkling water and some raspberries.", she smiled at me. "On the way.", I smiled back at her and made my way out of the building.

"Excuse me Miss? Mr. Millan told me to give you this.", the doorboy told me and handed me an umbrella. "Thank you.", I smiled at the what looked like the 16 year old boy. I opened the umbrella and almost ran across the parking lot.

I arrived at a nearby grocery store and picked out the different items. While I was at the self check out station waiting I placed an order at the coffee shop next to the grocery store. After finally checking out I rushed to the coffee shop. When I arrived there I told them that I had ordered and was here to pick it up. I also told her to add one of their triple chocolate chip cookies.

After getting the coffee I rushed back to the office and handed the lady at the reception her water and raspberries, than I went up to the office handed Sam his bagel and Will his water. I knocked at my bosses door and peaked in after what sounded like a hum in response.

"Yes?", he asked. "Here's your coffee sandwiches and a cookie, actually its one of the best I've ever tried.", I smiled at him. "I'll try it if you say so.", he nodded massaging his temple.

"Could you call this number and tell them to stop bothering me.", he asked and handed me a yellow sticky note with a number on it. "Sure. Anything specific I should say?", I asked him. "Make it as rude as you possibly can.", he told me and leaned back in his chair. "On it.", I nodded and walked out.

"Mrs. Russo?", he called out for me. "Hm?", I hummed in response. "How much did it cost?", he asked. "Don't worry about it, think of it as a thank you for the clothes and please call me Alicia or Ali. Whatever you feel most comfortable with.", I smiled and closed the door behind me.

Godessजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें