Chapter Nineteen

'Breath Connor, don't let your anger get the better of you.' Canary instructed, as she once again dodged the clones attack effortlessly. Superman's copy did not appear to be hearing her advice, he growled and attacked once again, only to have his own strength and momentum used against him, sending him to the ground.

'Damn it,' Connor yelled, slamming his fist against the mat.

'You need to get that anger under control Connor. Until you do, it can be used against you, and you will always have a weakness.' Canary said kindly, watching the young man jump out of the ring. 'Who's next?'

Connor gripped his hands into fists, his anger still bubbling. To aim it somewhere, his attention was drawn to one of the benches against the wall, and the young man sat there, nursing a cup of coffee.

'What is he still doing here?' Connor snapped.

'He's waiting for Batman,' Jason said. 'That a problem?'

'He doesn't normally watch us train.'

'Bats and Agent A are out of the house, so he's waiting with us until they get back.' Tim explained. The younger boys voice had a calming effect on the clone. With less angry intent, Connor looked back over and for the first time noticed the tired posture of the boy on the bench. His head was down, his shoulders slumped, his knee was bouncing up and down and his fingers shaking slightly around the mug.

'Is he alright?' he asked with a calmer tone.

'He's having a bad day.' said Jason, side stepping as Kid Flash was literally thrown off the mat.

'West, for goodness' sake. Speed does not benefit you in a small space.' Canary sighed. She looked to where her students were watching and frowned. Dick had been quiet in their session that morning; she could tell he was having a difficult day with his cravings. They had been having two or three sessions a week for the past month. She was growing accustomed to his personality, his ques and seeing the pattern in his mood. After two months of sobriety, he was doing very well. But if it was easy, more people who succeed and there were days like today, where she knew it would be all too easy for him to just give up. 'Grayson!'

'Huh?' Dick's head immediately snapped up and he looked over at her.

'Your turn.'

'Are you sure about that?' Jason asked, the uncertainty on his face matching that on Dick's.

'He's already had his physical health signed off for training. I'm signing him off on his mental. This will be good for him.' Dinah said, she smiled when Dick approached. 'Think you can handle it?' He nodded, although still a little unsure and Dinah took her place.

'Come on Dick!' Jason yelled.

'Begin.' The computerised voice echoed through the room, and they began the fight. Canary immediately engaged and for several minutes, Dick managed to dodge each of her moves, but did not hit back. Although his manoeuvres to avoid her attacks were very impressive, his flexibility verging on inhuman, Canary could tell something was wrong. Finally, after faking an attack to the right and instead quickly reverting to a left attack, Canary's foot connected with Dick's chest and sent him down onto the mat.

'Nice moves dude!' Wally called.

'Richard,' Canary did not sound as impressed. 'Do you think I'm fragile?' The question confused the on lookers.

'No,' Dick said quietly.

'Then please do not insult my capability by hold back.' There was a moment of pregnable silence, then Dick nodded. 'Get up,' Canary continued. 'Again.'