Chapter 2: Run

Start bij het begin

- Akali, what are you doing? Get out of here!

Except that Akali was not driving at the maximum speed of her machine. She was following her friend. She waited for the right timing, and when the two four-wheeled dogs wanted to tighten in their center to lead her to an accident, she suddenly accelerated and went to the left of the purple car. Then she entered the first street that would come in that same direction, with one of the two petroleum-colored cars at her heels.

The nearby roads were empty too. Behind her black visor, if Akali had not answered Evelynn, it was because she was concentrated. The bike was ten times the crapshoot of a car, and although she was sure of her abilities, she hadn't taken Evelynn to witness the silly road death of her little sister. Now she entered a very little street for cyclists. The car couldn't keep up. When she came out, in a slightly wider alley, the second car that was helping Henry was following Akali from behind, coming in through a perpendicular alley. Crisscrossing the buildings at full speed, she skidded her Ducati in the last few seconds by turning right. The heavier tuned Hyundai failed to drift at the decisive moment, and in a pitiful failure, it hit the wall. The bike struggled to get back onto the wider roads and once on it, it had to narrowly dodge a civilian Kia. It took Akali a little time to get her bearings and breathe. And, no sooner had she done so than the first car to have chased her came back.

-Shit, that is bullshit !

Akali tried to mentally review the map of R.U.N and the surrounding areas. Behind her, a female hand holding a gun firmly came out of the lowered ice and shot at the rear wheel of the Superbike, without reaching it. Akali's brain was working at two hundred per hour after her startle. The chase was far from the circuit and was indeed in the middle of the industrial area. An empty car transporter was behind construction cabins that were getting smaller and smaller as the meters went by on a downhill road. The concept was dangerous but brilliant. Akali was approaching his massive springboard. Considering the number of cabins stuck together, she would probably find a way out. She increased the mileage of the Italian bike from the start on the leaning platform of the truck, and launched herself into the call of her little jump, standing up straight, head over handlebars. She successfully transferred to the roofs of the cabs in front. The car had decided to follow her again. This was not in Akali's calculations, who wondered what the cabins she was riding on were made of to support such weight. A little further on, there was a gap of about a little less than two meters and much smaller palatable cabins. She hoped that these would take the weight of her bike, which was just passing through. She accelerated, determined, and focused on what was to come: a waist-high drop to other booths, accompanied by the return to the pavement. She completed her second transfer and remained focused as she prepared for the next fall. When the second wheel left the cabin roof, it was as if time had just stopped. The road was downhill and quite close. Akali had better do it right, or it would certainly not be pretty. Standing up, she relaxed her legs. She could faintly hear the huge noise of the car in the cabin she had just left, having as a priority her reception.
Before it hit the ground, Akali prepared herself for the impact. She planted her bike while accelerating, creating a few sparks. It had shaken her. The spoiler of the Ducati had certainly taken a big hit. Under her helmet, she became aware that she was still riding, and little by little, she regained her hearing, which made the horrible noise of the Korean vehicle ring in her ears, as it had endured the two impacts much less. A skidding noise was heard, and then nothing more. Akali looked quickly behind his shoulder. The stopped car was smoking, dented between the pavement and the sidewalk. The ninja remembered the attempt made earlier by the driver with her gun. Karma had done its job, it seemed.

Akali could breathe, finally.

However, the race was not over.
Fortunately, the earpiece only detected voices, but Evelynn still heard her friend's whine, and inevitably, a huge "boom".