52|| Always Two Steps Ahead

Start from the beginning

The person who came out was so distracted, they nearly ran right into him. Both of them almost collapsed together and would've if it weren't for Marcelo catching thier balance before they did..

Marcelo was surprised as the dust finally settled and he was who it was. His words nearly evaded his tongue. "J-Jiho..?"

Jiho was just as surprised to see him, his eyes went wide then immediately narrowed as he took a quick step back, tearing his arms away from Marcelo's.

"You!" Jiho nearly yelled out but immediately slapped a hand over his mouth, "-Are you insane? Why are you here!?"

Jiho quickly dragged him to the side before he had the chance to peek further into the open hall inside. Marcelo was shocked as Jiho grabbed his shirt and began dragging him away from the door and down the few low steps. Marcelo didn't know how to respond at first. Jiho was ignoring his calls and even when he gave up and decided to try and find the guy back at his apartment, Jiho was nowhere to be seen. To think Jiho was also here all along...

Jiho moved in a hurry, barely giving him much time to think, treating him like a human sided ragdoll. Marcelo was confused by the sudden and unexplained flurry of movement and stopped walking, deciding had enough. Jiho had no choice but to also stop as Marcelo caught his hand, pulling him back in the same manner.

"What the hell is going on-!?"

"It's none of your concern!" Jiho bit out, replying just as quickly. "-You need to leave right now-!"

Marcelo stiffly shook his head, still very uncertain, "I can't leave," He huffed out with a little incredulity at the agressive tone Jiho was using with him, "I came here for a reason..."

"Well forget that reason," Jiho rushed out, "-you can't be here, especially not now-" Jiho emphasized, still urging him to move. Marcelo guessed that Jiho would've held him up, carried him.abd thrown him back in his car if the man had the strength to do so right now.

Why on earth was Jiho was panicked and jittery?!

Marcelo stared at Jiho than shook his head. "You keep telling me that I can't stay but never explaining why-"

"Because-!" Jiho started with a yell but immediately calmed himself down to a much quieter tone afterwards, "-It's none of your concern, were you not listening just now? My mother is here and I'm guessing everyone else is on their way right now so here is the last place you want to be right now, especially with your...situation."

Marcelo tried not to winced at the knowing glare Jiho sent him and still, he pressed on, cementing his stance, "I...understand but I can't, I need to see your brother, Jiho, this is very important-"

"What? Why?" Jiho raised an accusing brow, "-Need a few bills to borrow? Finally came to plead for help? I don't know who you think my brother is but it won't happen!"

"Jeez, Jiho...when have I ever..."

"-Plus your timing is horrid!" Jiho cut him off. Throughout the entire talk, his eyes kept going back towards the door behind them for some reason, "-Just do me a favor and leave before anyone else sees you here!"

Jiho was yelling at him, Marcelo had to admit that the words stung but there really was no way he could leave. This was probably his last chance. With what was happening outside, it was only a matter of time before the dots were connected and his involvement was exposed. He'd much rather be the one spilling that, than have it spilled and have Elijah Osoro appearing out of the shadows like a vengeful demon coming at him.

And even if it wasn't Mr Osoro himself. It would be one of those auditors he had sleeping in his back pockets. They'd probably take a pound of flesh and have one of his kidneys in a cooler by that time they were done considering there really would be nothing left to audit.